Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 16th of November 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Whoa, I've been largely ignoring these - but this is some serious commitment to making this game actually feel like a Rome game, and not just look like one. Great! Time to read the other diaries...

• 4Like
Reactions:
Im also curious about tribes in 2.0. Hopefully they will cover them in future dev diaries.

The dichotomy of tribes was centralized tribes get smaller tribal retinues but go to the path of reforming into a republic or monarchy while decentralized ones had a larger tribal retinue. But since they have removed the mechanic I wonder what going centralized and decentralized does now.

Im also curious how they will redo the migratory tribes thing.

Last edited:
Reactions:
More and more detail here to help with immersion and role playing. All incredibly positive changes I am looking forward to trying. I freely admit that I uninstalled before as the game was a little linear and boring. All the changes in the warfare dev diaries sound like they are tackling these issues for me.

• 1Like
Reactions:
At first I didn’t liked it while reading levies part but after reading Legion details I’m expecting these to be welcomed changes.

I think culture updates were much more important as I don’t think combat was bad or combat was the thing that coused bad reviews at the start. I mean of course it’s open to improvements but it wasn’t the main problem for me, it’s not a problem for me at all. I think combat is OK.

What I really didn’t liked was mana system and previous political parties. And it felt flavourless, and it’s still not flavoured very much. It doesn’t have that captivating gravity that CK had and for that the most important thing to focus on in my humble opinion is Flavour events, lots of them!

Character events, new traits, new character development systems that are not as emphasised as CK, like it shouldn’t be too focused but there should be a character development and role play flavour like CK but it should be much more basic and subtle. And of course the UI... New UI looks nice however I’ll be seeing what Better UI modder will come up with.

• 1Like
Reactions:
i broke my promise, as such sometimes prdx did as well how thy make me feel as a product owner. When playing CK3 yesterday as Gottland stopped after 2hrs, changed steam review from positive to negative, this i see as only recipe, as well as buying games at later than release. Game mechanics are not fully fleshed out enough, RI rather too

I don't know if someone already asked this! But is it going to be possible to rename the "Legions" with other names than their generic geographical names?

I.e. the Carthaginian best army unit, was called: "The Sacred Band" and the principle Royal Guard unit of the Seleucid army was "The Silver Shields" or "Argyraspides", they were picked from the entire Empire to serve in this "Royal Guard-like" unit.

The Roman legions should be named with roman numerals: "Legion I", "Legion II", "Legion III", "Legion IV" etc.

Btw. this update looks pretty awsome :)

• 3Like
Reactions: