Imperator: Rome Developer Diary - 15th of June 2020

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I definitely shall lookup for sources to get a more clear picture
It it helps, @Samitte provided a lengthy list in the opening post of this thread. Hopefully you have access to them.

Is the Antigonid Kingdom going to get a decision (like Epirus) to form Macedon, if they control Pella and Macedon no longer exist as a state?
Is the Antigonid Kingdom going to get a decision (like Epirus) to form Macedon, if they control Pella, parts of the Macedonian heartland and Macedon no longer exist as a state in-game?
Is the double post accidential?
Anyway, the Antigonids already can do it. It's Thrace who lacks the ability. We've proposed a fix here.

Is the double post accidential?
Anyway, the Antigonids already can do it. It's Thrace who lacks the ability. We've proposed a fix here.
Yes, the first post drowned in a debate about Ptolemaic Egypt ;)

I have played ironman as Phrygia (Antigonids) a couple of times. I have conquered Pella, all of Macedonia and the state of Macedon no longer existed. However, I was not able to form Macedon as Phrygia.

It it helps, @Samitte provided a lengthy list in the opening post of this thread. Hopefully you have access to them.
oh yeah, I know this thread. @Samitte did a great job with all those sources and summaries. I am also willing to dedicate some time to dive into the stuff more fundamentally (and hopefully to contribute to the research). Unfortunately, recently I have waves of deadlines to meet =(

Yes, the first post drowned in a debate about Ptolemaic Egypt ;)

I have played ironman as Phrygia (Antigonids) a couple of times. I have conquered Pella, all of Macedonia and the state of Macedon no longer existed. However, I was not able to form Macedon as Phrygia.

You need to move your capital into Greece or Macedon to see the decision, I think.

You need to move your capital into Greece or Macedon to see the decision, I think.
I just tried it as Phrygia (ironman-mode), controlling/owning all of Macedonia, NO state of Macedon exists and I have relocated capital to Pella. A year has based and no decision to change name to Macedon. I believe Phrygia is at a higher tier than Macedon in the files, which doesn't allow you to form Macedon as Phrygia (Antigonid Kingdom).

I have the decision to form the Argead Empire (only lacks a few provinces in Maurya), but NO decision to form Macedon... :(

I just tried it as Phrygia (ironman-mode), controlling/owning all of Macedonia, NO state of Macedon exists and I have relocated capital to Pella. A year has based and no decision to change name to Macedon. I believe Phrygia is at a higher tier than Macedon in the files, which doesn't allow you to form Macedon as Phrygia (Antigonid Kingdom).

I have the decision to form the Argead Empire (only lacks a few provinces in Maurya), but NO decision to form Macedon... :(

Oh yeah sorry, they're on the same tier. I think all the Diadochi are considered tier 2 formables for these purposes, even if not all of them can actually be formed.

Oh yeah sorry, they're on the same tier. I think all the Diadochi are considered tier 2 formables for these purposes, even if not all of them can actually be formed.
Then they should change the tiers, so that all with Macedonian culture (incl. Epirus and the Diadochis) could form Macedon if they control/own Pella, Central Macedonia and Macedon no longer exists as a state in game. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:

You should Report it as a bug.

I think all the Diadochi are considered tier 2 formables for these purposes, even if not all of them can actually be formed.
Was this changed in 1.4? A couple of months ago someone posted on Reddit how AI Phrygia formed Cyprus, a Tier 1 formable.

You should Report it as a bug.

Was this changed in 1.4? A couple of months ago someone posted on Reddit how AI Phrygia formed Cyprus, a Tier 1 formable.

Cyprus is a special case, it's creatable by any country of any tier (even the Argead Empire, in theory) but requires you to have at most 12 territories. I think in theory you could lose almost all of your territory as Phrygia, form Cyprus, then conquer Macedon and form that, which would be almost historical...

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
First, Excellent update, keep the good work!

I have asked myself why should I ever integrate another culture, if in time all non integrated will tend to be main culture (via assimilattion) and the integrated ones will be more or less stagnated.

To make a second culture more appeable, I would suggest that assimillating it makes " like your primary culture in relation with the culture gorup" (Wrong Culture Happiness) for Example

If I am Rome, Roman main culture and Italic as a culture group, I have less penalty with Umbrian culture as they are also in my culture group,
So if I assimilate Athenian culture, I hope to have Arcadian as my new culture group and have the corresponding bonuses as part of my culture group.

Also I suggest IF nobles are assimilated, the bounus also apply to diplomatic effect like feudatory agreement and assimilation process can occur for this culture, as the example above, Cultures can be assimilated to Athenian, when? when you have a Greek culture group non-accepted culture, as a greek you find more easy and appealling to assimilate to Athenian (greek) rather than a foreing culture, with a faster assimilation rate.

Also If the province has more than 60% of such assimilated culture, it would assimilate to this one.

Because now the cultures are wide atomized, so assimilattingone should really worth the trouble

Thank you all for continuing to work on this game after its rocky launch! (If only MoTE got the same love, sigh...)

Its time for news. Maybe Release Date? ;-)
Not likely until August, all of Sweden is on summer vacation right now, it would seem. 'Cept @neondt he's a mad lad who works through it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good changes... but still no release date?
Most likely they are going to show us either more features on the 29th or give us the release date. I would't expect anything until then but they also said something about ai willingness to do trade routes based on ae and we didn't get any info on that so I think that they'll show us more features on the 29th rather than the release date

Most likely they are going to show us either more features on the 29th or give us the release date. I would't expect anything until then but they also said something about ai willingness to do trade routes based on ae and we didn't get any info on that so I think that they'll show us more features on the 29th rather than the release date

Unlikely, as it was clearly stated here that communication will resume in August: