Imperator: Rome Developer Diary #110 - Egypt Mission Trees

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Interesting that we will have missions related to religious syncretism in Egypt I am curious to see this.
One more thing since we are talking about "Alexandre's Heirs" that made me think one thing will we have anything for Bactria or Parthia? ( Parnia ), yes I know that they are not Diadochis, more because they have a certain importance in history and are somewhat related to the Seleukids, this doubt arose...
Who knows if Bactria goes independently and has full control of the Bactria and Sogdiana regions he could form Greco Bactria Kingdom for example... cof cof...

I don’t find mission trees particularly interesting but more content is always good.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Interesting that we will have missions related to religious syncretism in Egypt I am curious to see this.
One more thing since we are talking about "Alexandre's Heirs" that made me think one thing will we have anything for Bactria or Parthia? ( Parnia ), yes I know that they are not Diadochis, more because they have a certain importance in history and are somewhat related to the Seleukids, this doubt arose...
Who knows if Bactria goes independently and has full control of the Bactria and Sogdiana regions he could form Greco Bactria Kingdom for example... cof cof...

There will not be anything for the smaller nations, I'm afraid, we're only adding new missions for the big Diadochi nations (see Thrace, Macedon, Antigonids, Seleukids, Egypt).

• 3Like
Reactions:
There will not be anything for the smaller nations, I'm afraid, we're only adding new missions for the big Diadochi nations (see Thrace, Macedon, Antigonids, Seleukids, Egypt).

The house of Antipatrid event chain is fantastic. I was honestly shocked to see it free in the patch notes of 1.5 because I had imagined it would be saved for a DLC like this.

Called it! The Ptolemaioi are my favourite diadochi so I'm glad to see them getting a good padding like this.

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope that Bactria is in one of the next updates after 2.0

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hey I'm loving this update and I think these mission trees are wayyyy more fun and dynamic than the stale checklist of EU4 mission trees.

However, I think that most people here probably agree that mission trees are somewhat of a lazy solution to provide flavour and differentiation between countries. Railroading the player or the AI into certain outcomes isn't as inspiring as creating those outcomes yourself with unique tools offered by the game, such as deeper religious, cultural and political mechanics greatly varying from nation to nation based on pops, religion, government form and whatnot.

This said, let me make it clear that I still like these mission trees and I wish to congratulate the whole team for the great work put into this update. :)

• 8Like
Reactions:
Hmm understand and as these 2 are directly linked with the decline of the Seleukids Empire I thought we would have at least some new event for them ( Parthia occupied almost all Seleukids territory forming Arsacid Empire and Bactria was part of the Seleukids Empire more declared independence becoming Greco-Bactria Kingdom and in the future Indo-Greek Kingdom by conquering part of India )

If the mission trees focus on the first few Ptolemies, does this mean we finally get to banish Ptolemaios Keraunos and succeed as Ptolemaios II Philadelphos instead? :p

• 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
If the mission trees focus on the first few Ptolemies, does this mean we finally get to banish Ptolemaios Keraunos and succeed as Ptolemaios II Philadelphos instead? :p

I am desperately hoping that the Thracian flavor will involve the marriage to Arsinoe and the fate of Agathokles and the role Keraunos played in all of it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wow look so neat. Please change Egypt color so not look like wasteland. Also I have question about Mission Tree. Is all mission historical? If some mission not historical then should be option to disable those one.

I read about War Elephant and it say Cassander or maybe Pyrrhus of Epirus is first person to transport War Elephant by boat. It impossible before he do it. I think he might be only person who ever did it.

Pyrrhus of Epirus - Wikipedia

Pyrrhic War - Wikipedia

War elephant - Wikipedia

• 1Like
Reactions: