Imperator - Menander Reveal 20/04/27

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So instead of creating an actual system, you again choose create a bland, abstract ticker mechanic. God, I wish Paradox had some actual competition.

Well, it is what it iiiiis...

But really, i guess hurts them in the long run. There s many good rpg cuz of all the competition. We been just recently talking with my mate about this too. How paradox are pretty much a niche and there isn't any competition there. From big games there's total war, but it's different enough to have different fan base.

• 1Like
Reactions:
One of my gripes about the game is that there's little incentive to play "hisotrically." As Rome I never bother taking Gaul until after Greece or Egypt,since they're poor heathen barbarians, and liable tor revolt.

I'd strongly suggest looking at the basics assimilation and happiness mechanics to make "Romanizing" Gaul more worthwhile- tribesmen shouldnt really care about AE Imho, and should assimilate more quickly. The citizenship mechanics would overlap nicely with this, since presumably it will be much harder to just romanize Greece.

I'd also suggest allowing trespassing on tribal lands to allow historical panic wars, both Hannibal and Rome crossed freely between the southern goulash tribes (Hannibal even fought with several of the on the way to invsding itqly). Fighting Carthage is a PITA since you can't walk to Hispania nor really gain sea dominance (and if you've got control over the waves why not go for Carthage itself).
Tacking onto this, being allowed mil access to enemies tributaries would be nice, because as Seleucids vs Phyrgia, they can just hide all their stacks in a tributary bordering both myself and Cappadocia, but I'm not allowed in because I can't improve relations to the point of entry

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tacking onto this, being allowed mil access to enemies tributaries would be nice, because as Seleucids vs Phyrgia, they can just hide all their stacks in a tributary bordering both myself and Cappadocia, but I'm not allowed in because I can't improve relations to the point of entry

should just have same rules as eu4. you should have uncomditional access to all countries your enemy has to

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh yes I was really hoping vassals would be looked at and so far it really looks looe interacting with vassals will be much more fun and interesting!
I also think you shouldn't be able to declare war on a fuedatory is that a possibility?

Also senate changes sound great, I was excited for the last update but already just from this dev diary this next update will be waay more exciting for me!

• 4Like
Reactions:
I really hope the changes to culture are not limited to these. There should be options for accepting blanket cultures (like accepting all subcultures of Greeks) and most importantly hybrid cultures for countries like Rome (Gallo-Roman, Romano-Brython etc.).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tbh I'm really enjoying the game outside of the terrible marriage functionality - both the UI (and lack thereof)), as well as great houses reusing to marry off their sons... but only sometimes??? Do we know if there is going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

The fixes I had in mind didn't seem like they'd be terribly hard to add (mandatory "arrange marriage" button for everyone, or at minimum ALL marriageable folks (15/16), with a tool tip indicating why we can/can't marry some person (like in crusader kings)), and possibly betrothal (?). This fixes would greatly improve game play for a monarchist such as myself. But as I'm no programmer and know next to nothing about coding, I digress.

I do know that I didn't buy the game to sit around and stare at the sidebar stalking some poor girl waiting for her 16 to marry her off to some shrek in my kingdom!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tbh I'm really enjoying the game outside of the terrible marriage functionality - both the UI (and lack thereof)), as well as great houses reusing to marry off their sons... but only sometimes??? Do we know if there is going to be a fix for this anytime soon?

The fixes I had in mind didn't seem like they'd be terribly hard to add (mandatory "arrange marriage" button for everyone, or at minimum ALL marriageable folks (15/16), with a tool tip indicating why we can/can't marry some person (like in crusader kings)), and possibly betrothal (?). This fixes would greatly improve game play for a monarchist such as myself. But as I'm no programmer and know next to nothing about coding, I digress.

I do know that I didn't buy the game to sit around and stare at the sidebar stalking some poor girl waiting for her 16 to marry her off to some shrek in my kingdom!
If they could just import the marriage finder from ck2 it would be so much easier. Also republics should be able to marry, because what of Caesar and Cleopatra's marriage

Reactions:
If they could just import the marriage finder from ck2 it would be so much easier. Also republics should be able to marry, because what of Caesar and Cleopatra's marriage
By then Caesar was essentially dictator for life, and also Caesar's marriage to Cleopatra was not recognized as legal in Rome.