Imperator - Livy Update and Punic Wars Pack Release December 3rd!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 528186

Our development team has been working hard and went the extra mile for the Livy Update and the Free Punic Wars Content Pack. We humbly present you a release date for them: December 3! Make sure to try the game and see all the changes for yourselves in December, citizens!

Livy Update Changes:

• Character Experience System: The more characters are asked to do, the better they become. Cultivate young talent as they climb the ranks, with new events for experienced statesmen.
  • Family System Reworked: Fewer families to track, but great families are more important. Watch their fortunes rise and fall as they accumulate prestige.
  • Procedurally Generated Missions: New mission system produces contextual goals and rewards that reflect your current situation.
  • Improved Map: Greater detail for some map locations including Sicily, the British Isles, parts of Greece and the Baltic region.
  • Map Mode Manager: New map mode manager lets you customize the manager menu so it emphasizes maps you rely on.
  • Inferno Graphics: The drama of war is now illustrated on map, as cities burn while under attack.
  • And much more: The Livy add-on will include other changes that will be announced in coming weeks.
Free Punic Wars Content Pack:
  • Roman Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
  • Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
  • Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
  • Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
  • New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul."

I don't see anything mentioned regarding the reworked reinforcement/supply system? Was this taken out?

I don't think I will be updating.

I enjoy manouvering my favoured family into power and trying it keep it there. I like the power politics, the family rivalries, the plots and schemes and the nod to history with the historical gentes at least largely present and represented. This update will all but kill most of that (the occasional minor "adopted" character is hardly the same). Three to five families? And which three to five families? Who gets to choose? That's not enough in my book. EU:Rome, for all of it's limitations, at least represented the gentes/familes well. Imperator already has fewer gentes represented and to cut back to just three(!) - I will miss them too much to carry on without them.

I will wait and hope that mods will bring the removed families/gentes back. If they don't, I simply won't update the game to Livy or any further. All of the other additions look interesting and would be welcome, but the loss of the families is a deal breaker for me. It is sad, I know, but that's my reality.

The problem has been that although it is possible to play like that it is also possible to completely ignore all the characters until you need to give somebody a job or somebody gets upset. I bet it would be very easy to mod the game so there are more great families.

Personally, I'm looking forward to having to pay more attention to the characters.

This is great to see- Thanks for all your hard work.

Will there be an open beta a few days before?

It's unlikely at this point, according to Johan, for Imperator at least, they are only really valuable if they are at least a couple weeks before a release. Not really enough time left to implement any changes based on feedback. They may have already frozen the release while they work on the first patch from their list of internal issues. Johan also mentioned in an interview that the variety of platforms/versions Imperator is on makes it more time consuming (especially Xbox Gamepass) so they avoid implementing numerous small patches or quick betas like they did in the past with other games.

I don't think I will be updating.

I enjoy manouvering my favoured family into power and trying it keep it there. I like the power politics, the family rivalries, the plots and schemes and the nod to history with the historical gentes at least largely present and represented. This update will all but kill most of that (the occasional minor "adopted" character is hardly the same). Three to five families? And which three to five families? Who gets to choose? That's not enough in my book. EU:Rome, for all of it's limitations, at least represented the gentes/familes well. Imperator already has fewer gentes represented and to cut back to just three(!) - I will miss them too much to carry on without them.

I will wait and hope that mods will bring the removed families/gentes back. If they don't, I simply won't update the game to Livy or any further. All of the other additions look interesting and would be welcome, but the loss of the families is a deal breaker for me. It is sad, I know, but that's my reality.

I can sympathise with this - am worried how the proposed great family mechanic will function, does sound too restrictive

Capture7.PNG

False alarm, the new supply/logistics system has *not* been removed

Status
Not open for further replies.