Imperator - Livy Update and Punic Wars Pack Release December 3rd!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Livy_release date 1200x630.png

Our development team has been working hard and went the extra mile for the Livy Update and the Free Punic Wars Content Pack. We humbly present you a release date for them: December 3! Make sure to try the game and see all the changes for yourselves in December, citizens!

Livy Update Changes:

• Character Experience System: The more characters are asked to do, the better they become. Cultivate young talent as they climb the ranks, with new events for experienced statesmen.
  • Family System Reworked: Fewer families to track, but great families are more important. Watch their fortunes rise and fall as they accumulate prestige.
  • Procedurally Generated Missions: New mission system produces contextual goals and rewards that reflect your current situation.
  • Improved Map: Greater detail for some map locations including Sicily, the British Isles, parts of Greece and the Baltic region.
  • Map Mode Manager: New map mode manager lets you customize the manager menu so it emphasizes maps you rely on.
  • Inferno Graphics: The drama of war is now illustrated on map, as cities burn while under attack.
  • And much more: The Livy add-on will include other changes that will be announced in coming weeks.
Free Punic Wars Content Pack:
  • Roman Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
  • Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
  • Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
  • Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
  • New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul."

Wow much sooner than I had expected

Will the console be finally restored into working status again in the update?

View attachment 528186

Our development team has been working hard and went the extra mile for the Livy Update and the Free Punic Wars Content Pack. We humbly present you a release date for them: December 3! Make sure to try the game and see all the changes for yourselves in December, citizens!

Livy Update Changes:

• Character Experience System: The more characters are asked to do, the better they become. Cultivate young talent as they climb the ranks, with new events for experienced statesmen.
  • Family System Reworked: Fewer families to track, but great families are more important. Watch their fortunes rise and fall as they accumulate prestige.
  • Procedurally Generated Missions: New mission system produces contextual goals and rewards that reflect your current situation.
  • Improved Map: Greater detail for some map locations including Sicily, the British Isles, parts of Greece and the Baltic region.
  • Map Mode Manager: New map mode manager lets you customize the manager menu so it emphasizes maps you rely on.
  • Inferno Graphics: The drama of war is now illustrated on map, as cities burn while under attack.
  • And much more: The Livy add-on will include other changes that will be announced in coming weeks.
Free Punic Wars Content Pack:
  • Roman Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
  • Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
  • Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
  • Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
  • New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul."
What other add-ons are there? Are there some more major features coming up? :)

What other add-ons are there? Are there some more major features coming up? :)

Probably just a more formalized way to present the new army food / attrition system and the new unit associated with it (supply train) and some of the other key features. Going by the DD it didn't sound like they had loads of secret content.

From the DD: "As you might expect at this stage, we are (sadly) not stuffing the Livy update full of new, unseen features,"

Is there any chance end war conclusions are in the patch? It's annoying with multipe wars as alliance partner. Just on second later and your army is now in exile and you have no glue what's happend and oh maybe i got a now province.. hmm is this alliance partner now bigger or not? That is a really important event, but no news, nothing. Simple a 'This war * ended with *' message, is better than now.

I don't think I will be updating.

I enjoy manouvering my favoured family into power and trying it keep it there. I like the power politics, the family rivalries, the plots and schemes and the nod to history with the historical gentes at least largely present and represented. This update will all but kill most of that (the occasional minor "adopted" character is hardly the same). Three to five families? And which three to five families? Who gets to choose? That's not enough in my book. EU:Rome, for all of it's limitations, at least represented the gentes/familes well. Imperator already has fewer gentes represented and to cut back to just three(!) - I will miss them too much to carry on without them.

I will wait and hope that mods will bring the removed families/gentes back. If they don't, I simply won't update the game to Livy or any further. All of the other additions look interesting and would be welcome, but the loss of the families is a deal breaker for me. It is sad, I know, but that's my reality.

Last edited:
Many people complain about the new family system without having tried the new version. Let's wait for patch 1.3 and let's judge. In my opinion the changes are positive and I explain why:

1- Right now civil wars are very easy to avoid, many characters from different families that are easy to bribe. With the new system civil wars will make entire families rebel and that makes the game more challenging.

2-By having fewer families, internal effects (conspiracies, murders, etc.) become more important. So far it doesn't matter.

3- You get more personality into your game and you can favor a certain family or not.

4-There will still be many characters but in fewer families.

5- New events and actions.

6- You can really create Triumvirate that simulate history. etc.

These are my impressions but anyway (as I said in the beginning) I have to try the new patch to know if I like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.