Imperator - Development Diary - Easter Monday 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trin Tragula

Design Lead - Crusader Kings 3
Paradox Staff
28 Badges
Aug 1, 2003
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • IPO Investor
  • Paradox Order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
Salvete!

Welcome to another Development Diary for Imperator: Rome!

Since today is Easter Monday, which is a public holiday in Sweden, this will be a shorter diary than we usually go for.
The release of the game is also rapidly approaching and we are looking forward to see what you all think about what it is we have been working on! :)

In these days up to release we are already working on some new things for a post release patch, but that is nothing we are ready to talk about just yet.

Once you have gotten used to the game some of you will no doubt have your own ideas and desires for what could be expanded upon, some may have come across bugs that we had not found. We will be on the lookout for both in the period after release, and I want to take this opportunity to advertise the opening for a suggestion subforum here where you can let us know about things you feel we should make more out of. Be that regional flavor or more gameplay oriented things.

That was all for today, next diary we write will be after release and may contain some more interesting things about what lies ahead ;)

For those that have not yet seen it @Chaingun also put together a nice new text about additional AI modding.

Turns out the forum schedule was also on holiday and deleted this post.
Bump to counter forum bug.

Not on the main front page of the forum either. Might want to fix that.

We will be on the lookout for both in the period after release, and I want to take this opportunity to advertise the opening for a suggestion subforum here where you can let us now about things you feel we should make more out of.
WIll this be opened when the game is released 1800 CEST? :) There already is some threads in here that would fit well in there, but i understand it if you want to wait to the game is out.

Maybe there will be Version 1.0.1 at Release, but not v1.1
Johan said himself that GameVersion 1.1 won't be there at gamerelease, but I think I remember a dev talking about a 1.0.1 Version, so just some hotfixes from the pressrelease.

The 25th April is a national holiday to celebrate liberty in Portugal. Since I am locked up to your game, is it possible to receive it a few hours sooner? :(
Its just that since I won't be working and have to spend the whole day "celebrating" liberty until 17:00 local time is worst than flogging your worst enemy...

I hope there will be a patch(most likely 1.1) which includes naval improvements like the rumours has it. Before everything else i want different ship types other than trireme like quadrireme, quinquereme and an ocean exclusive type to better represent the naval situation. Pretty please?