Imperator - Development Diary #9 - 23rd of July 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually the Antigonids would be 'Asia' during this date, since they were satraps of Asia.

Asia or Syria would both work for me. The problem is that Seleucid as a country name is so entrenched in our thinking that making the approach fully consistent and calling them Babylon wouldn't work.

Ideally though I'd say the best approach might be too make the kingdoms of Asia, Syria, Egypt, Macedonia, and Babylonia. Formable nations for at least any Greeks ruling a certain amount of cities in the region. That way we can switch at liberty when playing in the free for all that the diadochi wars where. Until you've conquor enough to call yourself the heir of the Alexandrian or Macedonian empire that is

Last edited:
It looks like your are pulling together all the good stuff of all the PDX Games.
I love it, thanks.

And to annoy you, sounds also like as if Imperator Rome ist also serving as a testbed for Vicky III Mechanics.

Or are you going to call it Imperatrix: Britain? :)

A very good suggestion, to which I would only have one tweak. The 'nicknames'/cognomina/victory titles (which in the case of Hellenistic rulers became close to theonyms, even...) could be dropped. The world map, in many ways, represents the 'non-propagandized' reality of the states, and thus the honorifics could be dropped. 'Kingdom of Seleucus', Kingdom of Antigonus, etc. should do the trick without an implication that the other states agree with the rulers' excellence. 'Kingdom of Ptolemy the New Dionysus' (neos Dionysos) would be a bit strange.
The only reason I added the honorifics was to make it far less likely that there would be any duplications of names during the game, but fair point.

One cool new thing in Imperator is the Defensive Leagues. This is a purely defensive alliance that allows multiple nations in it, and it is defensive towards anyone outside of the league attacking it.
will be interesting to see how this will work? Nations far away from an aggressor who don't really have to worry about them being part of this "League of Nations" perhaps?

Only City States and Minor Powers can be members of a defensive league.
And only if they are close neighbours too I hope so all of them are afraid of being gobbled up by the same more gready neighbouring state.

If I remember correctly they have a similar system in CK2 and nations very far away could become members of this league when it was a new thing in the game. The way it works in CK2 has maybe improved now, though.