Imperator - Development Diary #7 - 9th of July 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What exactly is the difference between stats and attributes? Are attributes more stable, while the stats go up and down a lot depending on what the character/you do?

(Also what'ts the difference between popularity and prominence? Those sound like synonymes)

Oh and btw, this all sounds great :)

I only noticed now from this DD that there is a problematic tag just north of the Apennines. 'Senonii' should be renamed 'Senones', which was by far the more common form of their ethnonym in ancient sources.

I only noticed now from this DD that there is a problematic tag just north of the Apennines. 'Senonii' should be renamed 'Senones', which was by far the more common form of their ethnonym in ancient sources.

Most of the tribal nations are being changed to a proper noun. In this case, we'll be using Senonia.

I expect this will displease some, but as we have to display tribes as a map object, rather than an indistinct tribal location, we'll have to make adjustments.

Authors sometimes used this practice when referring to 'the land of the Arverni' - Arvernia, etc.

Last edited:
What exactly is the difference between stats and attributes? Are attributes more stable, while the stats go up and down a lot depending on what the character/you do?

(Also what'ts the difference between popularity and prominence? Those sound like synonymes)

Oh and btw, this all sounds great :)
Atributes define what a character is capable of doing. Stats govern how well a character is able to do it. The higher number, the better he is at it.

For example: Martial - 12 would mean a really good fighter/leader.

I have no idea what Prominence does though.

I don't care about these human characters, tell us what we really want to know, Paradox. Can we marry our horses?

• Prominence - Prominence represents the fame of the character. Jobs and titles help bring characters to public attention.
So what does Prominence do, exactly? You talk about how it's gained but not what it's used for. How is it different from Popularity?

what is the difference between prominence and popularity ?

Prominence equates to how well known, active, and visible a character is on the national scene.

Popularity is an indication of how much popular approval, said character has.

One could say that Nero was prominent, but I doubt he had as much popularity.

A minor nitpick here: poleis would be a more accurate plural for polis.

Yes it would, sometimes clarity beats correctness though. I figured this reply was one such time :)
Also I never studied Greek (unlike Latin) so I am rather restrictive with trying to use proper endings, etc. (I would likely end up looking silly at one point or another).

Finesse is a really odd name for that attribute.

What would you prefer then?

Is it possible to disable favours of the gods an other potential supernatural elements? It would be quite nice to have the same choice CK2 offers.

A zealous person managing to enflame the masses is not necessarily a supernatural event. CK2 does not really turn off piety with that option either :)