Imperator - Development Diary #7 - 9th of July 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was always possible. But that said it is something we would like to avoid so as to not confuse people so it might change to something else (Tauromenium?) :)

Just like today the world in the past was full of some less than original naming for cities. So many Alexandrias, Aphroditopolises, Neapolises, etc... ;)
It will be good to name them specifically by adding the geographical location; for example Alexandria of Egypt, Caucasian Albania https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_Albania, etc.

That was always possible. But that said it is something we would like to avoid so as to not confuse people so it might change to something else (Tauromenium?) :)

Just like today the world in the past was full of some less than original naming for cities. So many Alexandrias, Aphroditopolises, Neapolises, etc... ;)

Tauromenium it's a better choice. Naxos was destroyed two times , in 476.BC by Hiero of Syracuse , and in 403.BC by Dionysius . After the second destruction, most of the inhabitants (those not enslaved ) moved to Tauromenium.

So far it seems that we've only been able to see characters with exactly 3 traits. Is this incidental or is there some kind of trait limit?

no.

just what a generated characters gets at start

There'll be a soft limit, but probably higher than 3.
1. Will this number be moddable?
2. Will the trait limit be for each category or be universal accross categories. One of the (potential) problems I was seeing in the twitter screenshot Johan posted yesterday was that the character he posted had basically only 2 personality traits and one health trait, I'm guessing it's subject to change seeing how it would be kinda awkard if you have 3 traits but lose a part of your personality to make way for the fact that you got maimed in battle.

wDlqvCp.png

Will each character have detailed personal history like in Eu:Rome? It was fun to read how their career was going on.

Will there be information in the character window about their place of birth? It was in Eu:Rome. I always paid attention to this even though it didn't affect gameplay.

Will you be able to marry with other states? It wasnt possible in Eu: Rome but it would make playing monarchies more fun.

It will be the "current ruler" who would eventually bribe or take loans or try to kill a given characters ? Or these action can be performed by any other character in game ?

CK2's characters do a lot stuff on their own (e.g plan plots , have ambitions etc.. ) Can be expected a similar level of complexity or these aspects will be a little tone down ?

The characters kinda acted on their own in the first game already (albeit via events that listened to them). I imagine it'll be better now, especially since handling loyalties is supposed to be an important point.

1. Will this number be moddable?
2. Will the trait limit be for each category or be universal accross categories. One of the (potential) problems I was seeing in the twitter screenshot Johan posted yesterday was that the character he posted had basically only 2 personality traits and one health trait, I'm guessing it's subject to change seeing how it would be kinda awkard if you have 3 traits but lose a part of your personality to make way for the fact that you got maimed in battle.

wDlqvCp.png
And another thing
Why is Popularity red? Is that a negative?

What on earth is this clearly fake screenshot?!

High martial, high loyalty, and no corruption?! We all know it never happens. I know this is a teaser, but come on, do be a little realistic.

And another thing
Why is Popularity red? Is that a negative?

Unless this is your King then this can be a very bad thing for you. Popularity means that this character has the support of the masses so if you don't pamper them, they can start a bloody civil war.

Will governors in republics have term limits or will a character stay in their assigned province until rebellion or substitution? I remember that in EU:Rome it was a bit underwhelming to plop Caesar down in a province and have him die there of old age without any further progress

What's the difference between Popularity and Prominence?
Popularity is how popular the character is among the people. In EU: Rome a successful general tend to be very popular.

Prominence is how famous and important the character is among the elites. A character that hold and have hold high positions tend to have high prominence.

Can you increase or decrease Popularity of a character?
Yes, winning or losing battles change popularity in EU: Rome.

How Wealth factors into all of this?
In EU: Rome wealth allow characters by events to recruit soldiers and such.