Imperator - Development Diary 6th of May 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice changes. Specially on the nave side.

Religion changes makes it more flavourful but doesnt not make too much of a change. Here are my ideas on religion and how to make it engaging from another post.

As for religion, Johan, you got it wrong. People don'twant more and different moddifiers. That doesnt change the way you play or give you more depth and flavour. It just changes the amount of X you get.

I'd like religios mechanics that were entwined with the political system, differently depending on the culture and religion. Currently, the pontifex or augur in Rome does NOTHING but give you a modifier. Thatas boring and lame. I want those characters to represent all the political power and influence they really had at the time, not just be two placeholders to get a modifier on stability cost and omen power.

For instance, if you don't get along with the pontifex, you're not gonna be able to do loads stuff. THe Senate wont support you for most things, as they wont think you are blessed or that the gods are against you and that anything you do will be "cursed" or doomed to fail because of that.

I dont know, you have characters. USE them for Gods sake for other than being a stat on which a modifier depends on. Government doesnt even feel like government. Its just placeholders for different modifiers. That is lame and borings. Each office should really do things. A Tribune of the plebis should be asking you every now and then to change laws. And if you dont, he will get mad, and the freemen will get unhappy. And so on and on. But with each character in each office.

Please, consider giving more depth to both religion and government. Dont reduce them to just placeholders to get more modifiers. Make them actually feel alive and that they do hold an important office that does REAL stuff.

Very much looking forward for the next dev diaries. Internal politics are a key issue

Really promising plans. The ability to change state religion is a major thing that the game needs, glad to see it addressed. The naval changes and navigable rivers also look great.

Off topic, but please look at Media Atropatene's culture. It's Armenian for some reason.

Will you buff omen Power as well. Currently 2.5% omen Power from Tech, 5% from inventions or even the 20% from national idea is not Worth much at all given the low base values of omens. The 20% bonus from invention is only 4% more tax income or 1% more discipline when used for these omens.

Another way would be to make omen Power influence the Power of sacrifice on stability and war exhaustion which would make it more interesting for a multi religious empire.

I love new additions to religious part of the game. And cultural heritage mentioned in Sunday Morning Design Corner could be fun too. “Pompey” shaping up to be very interesting patch.

Now, we're talking. This is plugging a gaping whole and adds something that CK2 is dearly missing.

It would also be cool if friendly fleets could support fortresses.

Will you be able to move your capital and change your culture? Playing as the last of the Achaemenids in Anatolia feels kind of meaningless currently, since they are stuck as Greek Hellenics with their capital being stuck in Bithynia. (switching your religion is a nice start to making that one half interesting!)

Loved the naval changes, they far exceeded my expectations. I'm a little curious about navigable rivers. Wilk forts block hostile fleets from entering the river untill they are captured?

The navies needed a rework and that is great. But i wonder why you have decided to focus here?. Alot of bad reviews are coming from the MANA system. I personally can't bring myself to play this game with its current anti strategy MANA focus.
Im worried the developers will abandon the community who appreciates the lack of abstract currencies for all actions in vic2, hoi4, and eu4.
Even the eu4 mana isnt great but as its mostly for tech, (no magic scroll power replacing your diplomats) its tolerable but this IR: Rome is just like a board game.