Imperator - Development Diary - 4th of March 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
what is the cost to cancel a Guarantee? i mean if it happen i will become a Great Power and i don't want one of my alliance to become a guarantee, i suppose i can cancel the treaty, but what will it be the cost? only a relationship hit or is there something else?

Are cities the only limit to being a great power? So I could sit there at 499 and just focus on raising my pop count as high as I want without losing my alliances?

Is there a reason that the most eastern parts of Bengal are uncolonised? Seems a bit weird given how it's a very fertile and densely populated area, though I don't really know much about Indian history, so perhaps things were vastly different there in the past.
nortindiabengal.png
Eastern Bengal remained relatively underpopulated up to the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughals.

You should make the no great power alliances not effect player to player alliances. Sometimes you just want to paint the world two colours with your co-op partner and I would hate to see something like this get in the way.

You can do that without alliances though.

Eastern Bengal remained relatively underpopulated up to the Delhi Sultanate and the Mughals.
Interesting. Any reason why this was the case given the fertility of the area.

Maybe instead of letting it depend by rank if an alliance is possible let it depend on the relative size of two nations compared to each other so say if A owns at least half as much cities as B but not more than twice they can ally (excluding/still allowing the second smallest rank alliances as this could be a serious restriction in some areas otherwise and keeping the great power rule).. With the new system some size 99 country cant ally a size 100 country but a size 100 could ally some 499 country and while those cases will be rare it still seems odd at least.

Great Power limitations made sense... at some points the power become "ecumenical power" and what there is out of the ecumene? Nothing that own the same dignity.

About City States, maybe one city it's a little harsh, but I can't judge.

That's interesting, I didn't know Kutch was an island back then. Does anyone know when it got connected to the mainland?
It's an island in CK2 too I think. So I assume it probably changed around the same time the bridge to ceylon broke.

It's an island in CK2 too I think. So I assume it probably changed around the same time the bridge to ceylon broke.

You are right. I haven't played in India very much, so I probably never noticed.
Wikipedia claims that it shouldn't be an island in Alexander's time and there should be a vast lake instead, but doesn't give any sources on that claim, weird.

So if one country increases rank, his alliances become guarantees. What happens if a guaranteed country increases rank and becomes same rank as their protector. Does the guarantee become an alliance?

I was curious about that so i looked into it.

The great Rann of kutch is nowadays a salt desert / march 15 feet above sea which occasionally fill with shallow sea water, making kutch a quasi island. Some geological lifting is happening there and the ground level is raising ever so slightly, making this area more land and less sea over time.

Supposedly, at the time of alexander the great, the Rann was still navigable by boat which is unthinkable today.

Gujarat_Gulfs.jpg

Last edited: