Imperator - Development Diary 4th of February 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How exactly do we resurge as the Achaemenids?

Indeed. That one has since been renamed to Sakia/Saka :)
They’re both Scythian culture though.
The eastern one I take it? Are they the same Saka that's in ck2?
People were calling Goths Scythians too in late antiquity.
I see, well the people who invaded india and toppled the greco-bactrian kingdom were not goths.

Will the Venedi appear in the game? Or any Balts and Slavs, really? From the previous screenshots, it seems that both cultures are absent, although they should be there, in the eastern fringes of the map.

Will the Venedi appear in the game? Or any Balts and Slavs, really? From the previous screenshots, it seems that both cultures are absent, although they should be there, in the eastern fringes of the map.

The Aesti are on the map it seems.

"Suhaima tells everyone she meets of her desire to overthrow our government and install a totalitarian regime"

I think if I were the government, I might want to do something about that.

Will rulers be able to have ambitions too? Can these serve as major missions for the player or goals that their ruler wishes to achieve during their lifetime/term of office? Will the player be able to influence/choose what these are, unless the ruler is particularly corrupt?

"Suhaima tells everyone she meets of her desire to overthrow our government and install a totalitarian regime"

I think if I were the government, I might want to do something about that.

Imprison :)

It's been said a million times, but can I just say how absolutely gorgeous this interface is?

The eastern one I take it? Are they the same Saka that's in ck2?

I see, well the people who invaded india and toppled the greco-bactrian kingdom were not goths.
And Scythian can be a multi-faceted term for diverse groups in different places, or do you think the Scythians that invade the region were the same Scythians of the Western Pontic Steppes during this period?

And Scythian can be a multi-faceted term for diverse groups in different places, or do you think the Scythians that invade the region were the same Scythians of the Western Pontic Steppes during this period?
In a way they are, like Trintagula said, two countries but same culture. Both left behind by a much larger Scythian empire.

These are actually Scythians, not just people who the greeks misidentify as Scythians.

In a way they are, like Trintagula said, two countries but same culture. Both left behind by a much larger Scythian empire.

These are actually Scythians, not just people who the greeks misidentify as Scythians.
Did they call themselves Scythians in both cases? AFAIK Scythians of Central Asia went by exonym of "Sakas" during this time.

Also what is this larger "Scythian empire" you speak off? AFAIK Scythian never had anything like the Xiongnu confederation.

I will be much more excited about this game when I hear that someone has released a mod that changes the names to characters in Monty Python's Life Of Brian.

Does he rank highly in Rome?

Did they call themselves Scythians in both cases? AFAIK Scythians of Central Asia went by exonym of "Sakas" during this time.

Also what is this larger "Scythian empire" you speak off? AFAIK Scythian never had anything like the Xiongnu confederation.
In the seventh century BC, the Scythians controlled large swaths of territory throughout Eurasia, from the Black Sea across Siberia to the borders of China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythia#First_Scythian_kingdom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythia#Second_Scythian_kingdom

And this is where we are when the game starts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythia#Scythia_from_the_late_5th_to_3rd_centuries_BC

They're also probably the gog and magog that alexander suposedly walled of the causasus to stop from getting into the civlilized world.

Last edited: