Imperator - Development Diary 3rd of June

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice that the cost of development was reduced as they was not worth 400 power.

I hope the same apply with urbanization as 1 civilization value is not worth 100 power.

With the inclusion of a proper ledger (that I hope can be turned off in MP) can the info seen in the diplo view be sort of turned off? It's quite bad that I can see exactly how much money a rival is making, down to the 0.01 ducat, how much manpower they gain every month, and the breakdown of every single pop in their empire by culture and religion.

I shouldn't know this information, yet I do because... reasons?

edit: I would love to see one of these disagree-ers actually give an argument as to why they disagree. Cause right now, I can think of no plausible reason.
Unfortunately Johan thinks espionage is not fun :) I definitely disagree though and they should at least take some features from TW regarding espionage. It's not necessarily has to be Three Kingdoms. But we should be able to spy on nearby enemy armies, their domestical situation etc. Not just oh they have exactly that and that. I don't like ledger because of this. Nevertheless they can link ledger information with the spy network one have on target country. They must add espionage first though :)

Very happy these changes are coming in. In my exp the game as it came out without the updates is very blah but there are alot I like about the game. I am looking forward to playing even more with the updates

I'm enjoying these dev diaries so far. With the addition of making foreign characters easier to find, I hope it is also made easier to find characters in general. I feel like Imperator would benefit greatly from a CK2 style character finder.

very good changes. very easy for the player to say why not add this or add that, but youll never make everyone happy.
That being said, one thing that I would like especially for tribes where you cannot merge retinues is to be able to change army tactics and force march/reorganize for all selected generals at once. that would cut out 10-15 clicks for me sometimes

Why would I want to make a client state? Romans did it to great success, yes. But that was RL. What incentive do I have to do it?

I'm thinking if somewhat this feature, as it is currently, will be exploited some way. It could be a method to have a swarm of high tech vassals to unleash on enemies.

Love everything listed but --

A number of character interactions (such as subverting enemy governors or, supporting pretenders, assassinations) exist that lets you further your designs on foreign countries but it can often be hard to identify a proper foreign target. In Pompey Patch we have added a button in the diplomacy view where the character lists for another country can be accessed, with the same possibilities for sorting and filtering that you would have in your own country.

Yes!! From an AAR standpoint this will be very useful.

Many much needed improvements here, but I hope you will be adding some useful filters to the ledger as well. Personally I would like to see a simple way to filter it to only show war enemies, allies and neighbours. A search field would also be nice to reduce the amount of scrolling needed.

With the inclusion of a proper ledger (that I hope can be turned off in MP) can the info seen in the diplo view be sort of turned off? It's quite bad that I can see exactly how much money a rival is making, down to the 0.01 ducat, how much manpower they gain every month, and the breakdown of every single pop in their empire by culture and religion.

I shouldn't know this information, yet I do because... reasons?

edit: I would love to see one of these disagree-ers actually give an argument as to why they disagree. Cause right now, I can think of no plausible reason.
I'm not among those who have disagreed, but I would think it is because it is a request aimed at MP. Many players (like myself) never do MP, and have no interest in it. For us such changes are not only a waste of dev time, but sometimes also damage the single player experience. In single player it is entirely optional to make use of the information.

Macro Builder Improvements
In the Pompey patch when you click on the Macro Builder tabs for Buildings and Pops a sortable list will be shown of all places where you can take the selected action, with information about what benefits this would bring. By hovering the location itself you will see a full tooltip of all affected values.

View attachment 486607
Full effects of promoting a pop in Myos Hormos to a Freeman.​

I'm a little confused by this part. For one thing, why are Total Income and Goods Produced "Results" while everything else, such as the main purpose of Freemen, are "Other Results"? Seems arbitrary, unintuitive, and means unnecessary searching when trying to quickly see what that Freeman will accomplish.

Secondly, and more confusingly, what do the Local Manpower (absolute) and Local Manpower (percentage) do?

To prevent a civil war
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought civil wars for disloyal provinces also take into account client states as well? So it would not have much of an effect.

Great changes tho! I sincerely hope that they would make changes to how thenmoving of pops, cos it seems to be annoying moving 1 pop by pop. And for trade, would it also be possible to set a certain trade good in a region to not be allowed to be traded away (ie trade offers asking for x trade good will be auto declined and not even asked at all)? :)

I'm a little confused by this part. For one thing, why are Total Income and Goods Produced "Results" while everything else, such as the main purpose of Freemen, are "Other Results"? Seems arbitrary, unintuitive, and means unnecessary searching when trying to quickly see what that Freeman will accomplish.

Secondly, and more confusingly, what do the Local Manpower (absolute) and Local Manpower (percentage) do?

I would guess that the percentages for local tax, local manpower, research points and commerce value are from unrest, which it also getting worse with the promotion.
I would think the "results" would have been the stats shown in the macrobuilder but then the second should be manpower.

Hello and welcome to another Development Diary for Imperator: Rome! Today we will be talking about a number of Quality of Life improvements that are coming with the Pompey Patch.
Since we're at it, would you take a look at the message settings? Currently it's a big blob of lines with no separation or the option to search like we have in the other Paradox games.