Imperator - Development Diary 3rd of June

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good news. Thank you.

Please tell me that among those QoL features is the one of automatically accept all the trade offers so you dont have to be consantly bothered with the notifications.

Also Im surprised theres no news on the QoL in the most annoying of all the things in the game. Move pops arounds. Youre not gonna do anything about it?
This.

With the inclusion of a proper ledger (that I hope can be turned off in MP) can the info seen in the diplo view be sort of turned off? It's quite bad that I can see exactly how much money a rival is making, down to the 0.01 ducat, how much manpower they gain every month, and the breakdown of every single pop in their empire by culture and religion.

I shouldn't know this information, yet I do because... reasons?

edit: I would love to see one of these disagree-ers actually give an argument as to why they disagree. Cause right now, I can think of no plausible reason.

Last edited:
This type of thing could absolutely change. The suggestions forum is a great place to post about why something is wrong, how it should be instead, and why (preferably with references) :)
As in all our games things like these is something I would expect to change (and to some extent have changed, in Pompey there european horse distribution has changed a bit for instance.
You guys could also find help in research that was already made like Europa Barbarorum 2. The modders made an excellent jobs with the map. It would give an idea on what settlements should be assessed more carefully as finding reliable data for the sheer amount of provinces in IR map is going to be imposible.

All are great additions to the game, especially the roads (of which I'm a great fan, personally).

I must ask; will we be able to rename cities? Considering the city building going on at the time (synokismos/dioikismos included).

Especially for colonizing. I remember doing so much clicks when trying to colonize Albion in my pict campaign. Cumbersome at best.

The colonize button is now an instant action, and does not require a selection.

I find it nicely annoying that when making a claim on a province and pressing the magnifying glass off the province, the province is centered behind the window of diplomacy.
So it's not easy to find the province.

I have a suggestion (already posted in the suggestion forum) about the province list in the second screenshot. To made it more clean and interesting in my opinion you should group every province under it's region (with informations also about the region as whole and the opportunity to relase the whole region as client state too), with the possibility to extend or retract the province list of each one. This way you don't have also to see the face of the region governor repeated many times :D

Why would I want to make a client state? Romans did it to great success, yes. But that was RL. What incentive do I have to do it?

The fact that the province interface was covering the center of the screen is something we were never quite happy with. With the addition of new features to the province interface we took the opportunity to address some of these problems.

What resolution do you develop on? I assume a good majority of people are using 1080, with a smaller minority using 4k (but I could be wrong).

Can't friggin' wait!

So if I understand the vassel creation correctly, if as Rome I conquer some of Gaul and make a vassel there would it be a druidic gaulic feudal vassel? Or would it be tribal? If it is fuedal than that changes the game in an awesome way.

Why would I want to make a client state? Romans did it to great success, yes. But that was RL. What incentive do I have to do it?
To prevent a civil war

To prevent a civil war

This, and also decentralization, which could be a bonus if I have no more interests in the region other than securing my flank.