Imperator - Development Diary - 2nd of September

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don’t know about others but after playing the Open Beta I’m starting to wonder if having the food system does more harm to the game than good in regards to the AI.
We'll have to wait and see. As @Linusz says, the AI is explicitly not written to support the new features.

I'm not sure why inventions have a cost or a UI to buy them. I'd make them part of the tech level you just researched and not have a separate purchase for them.

I think the intention of the developers was to give a degree of agency and customization to the players on the inventions they buy for their nation, but the mechanic is poorly applied (or it's waiting for incoming patches to be expanded) and currently (Pompey) everyone buy all the inventions but the bad one's.

Last edited:
Will we in futur gain character interactions similar to ck2?
I only really want to see the option to arrange marriages for heirs and other families I want to reproduce.
Does the AI still marry infertile women?

Otherwise everything looks good so far, can't wait for the live patch!

Will the building construction tab stay open or we will have to click on build for each province we go to. I find that after conquering territories, i sometimes have forts that I dont deem necessary but its tedious clicking through build just to demolish a fort. Before cicero, when the building options were few (im happy this changed) it was easier to delete buildings. Hope somthing can be done to make this less click intensive.

great work though keep it up. Cant wait to see where rome goes