Imperator - Development Diary - 27th of May 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh, don't remind me. That's probably why CK2 never seems to do any wrong, because it's the only one that doesn't seem to give a **** about multiplayer.
i m a hardcore mp player. i detest SP in most games, but please NO dumbing down of the game. theres nothing that cant be solved by getting used to (lots of events,complex mechanics), even in MP on speed 2

Suggestion: can you display loyalty change for characters too? Either with the arrow or the little pointers like you showed in the new province view?
That is definitely needed in the game to save time from constantly hovering over the Loyalty number and reading the tooltip.

An arrow that points sharply up or down should reflect a large change in loyalty while an arrow that points slightly up or down would indicate a small change in loyalty.

Will governors still change policy a few months after you set it? If they do, I don't see much point in giving us more options. Other than that these changes looks like they will at least improve character interactions a bit.

Now THIS is the way to go. Very enjoyable flavour character sttuff and much needed features like a policy to move pops to your capital without button clicking and mana.

Just one question. What happens to the family holdings if the son that inherits it has a smaller finess than his father and thus he can only have 2 and not 4. What would happen to the other 2 holdings? Would vanish into thin air? Im also not sold on holdings having a cap precisely because of this. It doesnt seem to allow for super wealthy and powerful character like in rome, where one character had holdings in a whole italian or hispania province or even region. Plus from the picture it looks like holdings give barely no income at all. Well maybe you know best since youre the ones balancing it. ;)

Keep it up. 1.1 is shaping up to be an amazing patch.

Ps: Coul you go into detail as to what is going to happen to all the stuff announced last week that depended on mana, to play tall, now thay.mana is gone?

so about schemes, you can see every schemes of every characters like you are seer ?

Hopefully not! There should be ways to uncover schemes, even passively.

Thanks for the dev diary!

I'm slightly dissapointed in the new province policy because it's fairly shallow. I would love to see more city specializations so that certain cities have more importance and I feel like the new provincial policies don't do that well enough.

My suggestion would be a city focus policy similar to provincial policies but for cities instead. Obviously there should be a limit to reduce micromanagement (such as limited to finesse by governor i.e 5 finesse=5 city focuses in region).

Example "city focuses" could be:

Production:
-Provides x% of slave growth of other cities in province to this city
-reduces slaves required for surplus by x
-% chance of captured slaves being sent to this city​
Manpower:
-Provides x% of freeman growth of other cities in province to this city
-reduces training time
-increases manpower recovery rate of city​
Citizen:
-Provides x% of citizen growth of other cities in province to this city​
Tribesman Enclave (civilized nations only):
-%chance to move tribesman to this city
-Lowers civilization level of city​
Holding Expansion:
-Governor with holding in city can set this focus
-Provides boost in wealth production of holding to governor​

The over goal would be to make some cities more valuable and strategic and not simply provincial capitals although that is cool as well.

Centralize and decentralize are most welcome provincial decision, as someone who like to move pop, will save me so much civic power.
The new patch is gonna save you even more civic power by removing it from the game entirely ;)

So, 1 Pop every 3 months. Can this be scalable with population somehow? I mean, when I take several dozen Pops in a war, it may very well take decades to move them this way. So at the moment, this does not seem like a good investment compared to other policies: If we are talking mainly slaves that are moved, it's the equivalent of 5/3 civic power per month. Without the ability to actually put them where I need them most (e.g. the gem province which is not the capital).

Using this to get citizens in the capital might be much better, but that's also only inside the capital province. How about adding a policy that moves Pops from any given province to the capital (and vice-versa for the capital)? Because right now, one of my issue with Pop movement is, that I might have to move them three times to get from one city in province A to another city in province B (to border, over the border, to destination). Movement inside a province is actually doable resource-wise (though UI deserves love).