Imperator - Development Diary - 26th of November

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is so beautiful ( wipes away a single tear )

Let us all rejoice, for Crete will be united and revive their heritage.
Cool DD, so I guess Egypt, at the start, probably has the alrgest taxe income of all nations.

Also, maybe, a small mistake, "Taxes are only generated by Slaves", how ? How would slaves pay taxes ?

Also, maybe, a small mistake, "Taxes are only generated by Slaves", how ? How would slaves pay taxes ?

Their owners do :) And the amount of tax they can pay depends on how much slaves they have that can work for them.

Tributes:
Modifies how much you expect your subject states to pay to you.
  • Lax Tribute: -33% Tribute Income from Subjects. Subject Opinion +50.
  • Default: No Modifiers.
  • Extortive Tributes: +25% Tribute Income from Subjects. Subject Opinion -100

Don't like this at all, is there a reason we have to set this for all subjects at once and can't go for a more granular approach, setting it for each subject independently ?

Power Conversion:
Money is not the only currency you make use of to play Imperator. Many things instead come with a cost of Military, Civic, Oratory or Religious Power. At times you may find yourself lacking the type of m̶o̶n̶e̶y̶ POWER you want, or with enough power but no gold. For that matter sometimes you are in an emergency situation and need gold at all cost.

Fixed.

Btw, the northern Africa is stunning, keep it up!

Looks like my prayers to Serapis and Isis have been answered!

Because I, for one, welcome our new Ptolemaic overlords :D

Now if only I could get a petition started to have Ptolemy Soter look like a certain actor.... :p

How will native Egyptian characters work in the game? Will they exist and will there be restrictions on what you can do with them? Also, will we get to choose how we deal with the manpower crisis?

Last edited:
Just want to express my appreciation for all of the historical information in these dev diaries. They get me imagining what countries I would like to play as. They all sound potentially interesting! Egypt is definitely on my list now, but how fun to start as Kush and take Egypt from the south at an opportunistic moment? Or to just play small on the island of Crete.

Whoever I choose to start, I'll be sure to reference the appropriate dev diary for them, and get inspired to research them a bit further to help with immersion.

While the Romans have a seperate system for wages and army maintenance, since under the republic armies were paid be their leader who in return could govern the conquered territories.

While the Romans have a seperate system for wages and army maintenance, since under the republic armies were paid be their leader who in return could govern the conquered territories.

Pretty sure that was touched upon in an earlier dev diary; generals will pay the upkeep for their soldiers if the soldiers are loyal to them rather than the state, and they can afford it, IIRC.

Pretty sure that was touched upon in an earlier dev diary; generals will pay the upkeep for their soldiers if the soldiers are loyal to them rather than the state, and they can afford it, IIRC.

The last bit would be an improvement on EU:Rome where 'retired' generals would sit on their arses accruing 1000s of ducats of debt each month!

I just have a question regarding the wars of the Diadochi. Considering that it was Antigonus threatening Cassander and his refusal to accept peace which caused the rest of the Diadochi (ie Seleucus, Ptolemy, Lysimachus) to dog pile him, would that conflict be event scripted or would the AI Diadochi be inclined to ally themselves against might of Phrygia?

With some few exceptions (like his seizure of the Cataphalc that held Alexander’s body, on its way home to Macedonia), Ptolemy has played a more conservative game.
I've heard it suggested that he mainly did it to prevent the other's from claiming it. Burying the previous king was an important ritual to claim new kingship in macedon. Ptolmaios buried the formed king without claiming kingship again working as the only of the sucessors who seem to have any interest in making the hellenic empire remain intact.
Museion of Alexandria (how ambitious you aim to make it is of course up to you)
It there an option to go even further than even the real Ptolmaios did?

Regarding Army and Fleet maintenance in my opinion once the player chooses to lower it, it should also trigger a faster tradition decay (if there is going to be one) not just -50% morale drop