Imperator - Development Diary #20 - 8th of October 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GjdW8XJ.jpg
Hi, while here that was a settlement of course it was not called Forum Traiani yet. Can you change it?

I just looked at the Barrington Atlas. The place is called 'Sardus Pater' in it. And the Barrington Atlas is one of the most credible atlases for Ancient History. It's not really uncommon if a place is named after the temple. Metalla would be the other name.

The name of the settlement is antas, and Sardopatoris Fanum mean Temple of Sardus Pater while Sardus Pater is the God of the sardinians.

Metalla it's not the other name of the place since it's a complete different place near current Fluminimaggiore, it was a mine for jews, Christians and slaves in general and its not absolutely connected with a religious place.

GjdW8XJ.jpg
Hi, while here that was a settlement of course it was not called Forum Traiani yet. Can you change it?

Forum Traiani is the wrong name in the game timeline.
The most ancient name we know of the settlement is Hydata Hypsitana (Ancient Greek). When Romans came, the place was called Aquae Hypsitanae and then it became Forum Trajani after the emperor Trajan made some great changes in the city (fortifying it against the nuràgic incursions from the mountains).

I came here for the second consul.

I stayed to bleed them dry.

Last edited:
Wait a minute...wasn't it confirmed that there will be no culture conversion?
No it was not confirmed, only that you would not be able to change pop Culture with Power Points. Culture assimilation have been known long Before this DD however how it would work was not known other than it was not done instantly with Points.

Will Navies actually be good, or at least better than EUIV. Naval battles were simple decisive ram-fests at this time, so it can't be too hard. I just want to play as a glorious Punic or Athenian thalassocracy in this game.

Game looks to be coming together well :)