Imperator - Development Diary - 18th of February 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IBERIA:

Had to make some judgement calls here. I considered letting the Carpetani keep their group, but my MS Paint skills were insufficient to properly get across the scale of broad Celtiberian. The Celtici were confusing, but I read that they were considered to be the 'original' Celtiberians at the time and so clumped them as well. The Lusitani are obviously too different to consider merging. The Gallaeci and Cantabri are a bit of a tough spot, and even before this particular project I've seen some arguments suggesting they're essentially similar in a cultural or linguistic sense. The Cantabri are definitely going to be grouped in the Indo-European culture chunk, though, since they've linguistically been shown to have a strong Celtic element as well as a potential para-Celtic (like the Lusitani) element, but certainly not Vasconic.

A bit off-map are the Turdetani. The given image only really offers us Turdetuli, and makes it as if it's related to Iberian, which is much less established even in hypothesis or theory than a potential Ibero-Basque relationship. The Turdetani, being a group closely related to Turdetuli, offers another chance to stop this from being a one-culture group.

Talaiotic is based on very limited knowledge. I know there were Phoenicians there already, but to my knowledge the area still had a significant native population somewhat related to the Iberians.
Please refrain from using the term Celtiberian when referencing to the Celtic tribes of Hispania other than the Arevaci.

Celtiberian was just one ethnicity within the Celts of Hispania, not all Hispanian Celts were Celtiberian.

1. This is not trolling, this is a suggestion! Ok, was not a completly respectfull comment, but delete a message isn't a solution, Ligurian had a proper Language and in this modality yuo show how paradox is againist the respect of all people, not for the game, but for the way you had treat all people that spend all time in their lives like me aganist all the true form of racisms

1. i'm tired of this paradox's game

1. #therewasonlyapast #forthetruth #respecteurope
U were deleted because u were, in the politest of terms, being disrespectful of other people’s cuture and ethnicity. Ironic given the complaint u made about the game.