Imperator - Development Diary 17th of June 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • Republics now only have 1 law reducing unrest like other government forms.
  • Reduced impact from troops on unrest from -5 to -4.
  • Lax Taxation is now -50% tax
  • AE reduction from high AE is -3 instead of -5
  • Substantial Land Lost - If demanding 20% or more of a country's cities in a peace deal, they have an extra -10 acceptance.
These are all really, really painful nerfs for those looking to pull off a WC, which was already harder to do than in any other modern Paradox game. Is there a reason you guys are hammering this playstyle so aggressively? Are WCs something you guys don't want to be able to be (legitimately) accomplished? Why do you have an achievement for it then?

Seriously underwhelming.
I read it all and did not find anything noteworthy.
Its basically 30
-50 insignificant improvements and balance changes.

And I dont think many people care about the naval rework when the game has much more serious problems

• Republics now only have 1 law reducing unrest like other government forms.
  • Reduced impact from troops on unrest from -5 to -4.
  • Lax Taxation is now -50% tax
  • AE reduction from high AE is -3 instead of -5
  • Substantial Land Lost - If demanding 20% or more of a country's cities in a peace deal, they have an extra -10 acceptance.
These are all really, really painful nerfs for those looking to pull off a WC, which was already harder to do than in any other modern Paradox game.
ykx0hy34e0v21.png

I agree. Considering they already have aggressive expansion as a modifier that changes the loyalty of your territories when you conquer cities, they should remove the '100 peace limit' in the declare peace window. This is so that we don't have to fight 3-4 consecutive wars just to conquer southern Iberia or southern Gaul. It gets much worse during the end game when you're having world wars just to conquer a small piece of land north of Italy.

That's not to say that there won't be problems with the game being too easy if such a change is implemented. They would need to increase the aggressive expansion penalties.

Also, please add an option to continue playing past the end date.

Looks good! Naval rework much needed, looks like lots of QOL improvements as far as interface, and deeper character interaction and player choice with various systems!

Now, civil wars seem like they should be a larger threat, could we tone down wrong culture penalties so we arent having to paint the map with our culture?

Please fix the issue where you can not accept new family members after annexing a nation, in MP

It hurts multiplay game a lot.

The issue is that you can only accept new family when game is paused. since MP never pause, no one can get new family.

I understand that mercenaries need to be nerfed, but how can a dead army ask me for their money? Perhaps give us the option to not pay them; reducing the moral of all other mercenary armies that we may already employ.
You are not in the active Multiplayer Community. This was one the things, which was desperatly needed for balance. Most single player players have no idea of balance or strategys or meta

I am the only one who doens't care about Naval Changes. I don't like navy stuff tbh. Like EU4 has already overcomplicated navy for my taste. I liked how here and in Ck2 navy is super simplified. Just cuz I have no love for sea wars. I guess, it's unpopular view. Just saying. Sad for me. Cuz I love all other changes.

Right now it is impossible to play with mods in multiplayer. Doesn't matter if both/all players have the same mod, whether or not the mod is checksum changing, nothing. Multiplayer is strictly vanilla only.

Can we have that changed, please? I'd very much like to play some modded multiplayer at some point.

" Republic Government Interaction: Empower Populist Faction decreases monthly corruption of all characters by 0.05 per month, and reduces Populist Faction Influence by 0.5 per month for 5 years. Costs gold, and requires a Populist Consul."

I think should be increases populist faction influence.

Right now it is impossible to play with mods in multiplayer. Doesn't matter if both/all players have the same mod, whether or not the mod is checksum changing, nothing. Multiplayer is strictly vanilla only.

Can we have that changed, please? I'd very much like to play some modded multiplayer at some point.
This has been fixed in 1.1