Imperator - Development Diary #15 - 3rd of September 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Do you need to complete a path before starting another one? If yes, then all tribes will look more or less the same.

Then why does the map posted by Johan say they are? o_O

It doesn't :)
It shows those celts in Southern Germany that the post I was quoting was talking about. There's then a big area of another color that covers most of Germany which is another religion in that very screenshot.

It shows those celts in Southern Germany that the post I was quoting was talking about. There's then a big area of another color that covers most of Germany which is another religion in that very screenshot.
I would guess that light grey area in northern Germania is germanic religion.

It begs for another question, though : since Scandinavia is represented in the game : will they share the same generic "Germanic" religion or will there be an actual distinction between "german germanic" and "norse germanic" ?

Both used division tactics, so it should also be hard or not possible to hire mercenaries from the place you're possibility going to war against. Or if you already have them, maybe they either auto-disband or even better, loot your provinces where you keep them and act as a rebel-ish army. Will make you think twice about using them and keeping them on.

Not sure about that. For example Alexander faced Greek mercenaries in Persia, even though he was head of a hellenic league including everything except Sparta. Hannibal recruited Cisalpine Celts and Italians when these areas were, at least de jure, subordinate to Rome.

It begs for another question, though : since Scandinavia is represented in the game : will they share the same generic "Germanic" religion or will there be an actual distinction between "german germanic" and "norse germanic" ?

There was a distinction at the time? Many of the later continental Germans lived in Scandinavia at the game's start anyway.

There was no distiction between the 2 at the time and the language was also still very similar

Your not asking the important questions when it comes to the Ptolemies, like can I marry my sister and how many cryptopersians do I get to kill? Oh and also can I force my siblings and children to marry each other!
I thought that was a given.

There were no druids in Spain. Why not just call it Celtic? Naming it Druidism is like having Popism instead of Catholicism.

To be fair, Celtic *mercenaries* were a common sight in many armies of the eastern med. Perhaps mercs will be a feature?
True but both the Macedonians & Celtics were both settlers with their own communities with multi-generational service in the army. So they were landed & part of the multi-ethnic community of the Ptolemaic Empire.

After all the discussions and the criticisms people had in this forum, Romans are still hellenic.

Why people bother even speaking to a wall? LMAO

The whole religion system is simple and defided by large upper groups. In this system Roman as Hellenic makes sense. If they ever cover religion as DLC they will likely devide Druidism and all this.

Also they do listen. But this doesn't mean they change everything. They also renamed Citizens into Nobles after fans raised the voice.

Ok, so a guess at the seven traditions:

1) Barbarian (not so much a guess)
2) Latin (the Samnite traditions the Romans adapted. Possibly includes Iberian)
3) Hellenic (with hoplites and phalanx being two different branches)
4) Steppe Nomad (horse archers galore)
5) Persian (with archers and heavy cavalry)
6) Indian (elephants!)
7) Carthage? (unsure what this group would be about - variety and skirmishers? Are mercenaries a thing?)
I think they said Carthage and related are "North African" traditions.

I rather think that most parts of central Germany should also be druidic since the area was still celtic and not yet germanic at the 450 AUC Startdate

Do you need to complete a path before starting another one? If yes, then all tribes will look more or less the same.

No.

No distinction. The germanics were pretty much in the middle of the migration from Scandinavia at our start date. Who they would have displaced is a bigger question, however, one to which there is not an easy answer.

I love this system! So much possibility! And the artwork looks really good, kuddos to the artist(s?). I have questions about some of the modifiers though.

How are Offensive and Combat Bonus different from one another? And Defensive and Offensive bonuses, do they just mean that specific unit type now fights 15% better against all unit types? Or is there a deeper system behind it with regards to combat calculations?

Oh and quick thingy:

Is it possible to ad a little bit of squiggle to the straight lines we can see on the screenshot ( I believe those divide uninhabited areas). It looks very bad in my opinion.

Otherwise, looking forward to next weeks dev diary !

Ohh and finally, can they include Naval bonuses too?

Last edited: