Imperator - Development Diary #15 - 3rd of September 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's the deal with some dd's not showing up in the news/home feed of late?

edit: nvm, it's there now.

Last edited:
It is not very likely you will get to the end of all paths by the end of the game, so you really have to think about which path you want to progress down through first. One military tradition currently costs 800 military power, and each tradition taken increases the cost by 50%, and each military technology level reduces it by 25%.

Aw man, why? Why can't you make it progress with time and battle? Like, if you use chariots you slowly progress towards one path and then the others lock? How are these "traditions" if you have to unlock them instantly with your magic power coins?

The second path of the Barbarian Traditions is the Germanic Path.
  • Strike and Withdraw +15% Light Infantry Morale
  • Natural Resources -25% Light Cavalry & Chariots Cost
  • Ambush +25% Combat Bonus for Light Infantry in Forest
  • The Glory of the Hunt Allows ‘Raiding’
  • Shield Wall +15% Heavy Infantry Defensive
  • The Young Must Serve -25% Light Infantry Cost
  • Hail of Stones +15% Archers Defensive
End bonus for this path is ‘Adaptability’, which gives +15% Discipline to Light Infantry.

Im curious what raiding will entail, will it be similar to raid coasts in EU4 (but on land of course)?

This tradition system seems quite nice.
I'm hoping I can progress the branch you want and not be forced to the first one I picked

The part I see on the screenshot :
Naval battle !
4k+ "mana" reserve possible

This tradition system seems quite nice.
I'm hoping I can progress the branch you want and not be forced to the first one I picked
Why would that make sense? Those are the military traditions of your people, the way they wage war and the tactics they use.
Some of them are even contradictory with each other, like "strike and withdraw" and "strike from afar"

Why would that make sense? Those are the military traditions of your people, the way they wage war and the tactics they use.
Some of them are even contradictory with each other, like "strike and withdraw" and "strike from afar"

Considering the following : "It is not very likely you will get to the end of all paths by the end of the game, so you really have to think about which path you want to progress down through first"
I believe that we are not limited to 1 path.
Now, am I able to switch them on the go or should I finish one, I'm not sure.

Regarding names, it won't be the first time that things are not working together. In EU4, you can take religious and humanist.

Ok, so a guess at the seven traditions:

1) Barbarian (not so much a guess)
2) Latin (the Samnite traditions the Romans adapted. Possibly includes Iberian)
3) Hellenic (with hoplites and phalanx being two different branches)
4) Steppe Nomad (horse archers galore)
5) Persian (with archers and heavy cavalry)
6) Indian (elephants!)
7) Carthage? (unsure what this group would be about - variety and skirmishers? Are mercenaries a thing?)

Must say I like how this looks like it will add way more flavour to nation's armies that EU Rome.

Love the art work too.