Imperator - Development Diary - 12th of November 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
These regional dev diaries really builds the hype for me.

BTW, you missed creating entries for Astakos and Commagene.

Commagene is saved for later but Astakos is indeed missing. Will add when I’m able :)

Seeing Amastris' kingdom here after spending a few summers scratching away at Filyos and Amasra(that part of Turkey is pretty bleak nowadays. All dead coal towns. Basically Turkish West Virginia. Although Amasra itself is gorgeous) makes me giddy. You guys probably read materials from my group as part of your research. Thanks for putting in the work for this part of the world, normally you don't even see the Heraclea-Amasra confederations represented on maps, even though it existed in some form off and on for awhile.

Looks good in the religion sector and for some reason I can’t wait to play as the Aeolian League and exact the revenge of Troy on those damn Achaeans.

Also for the Hindus I hope Paradox has done enough research that we won’t be seeing any offerings being made to say Ganesha or Shiva. Religion in India is still in a Vedantic stage so the worship of Vedic deities alongside yakshas (very similar to Greco-Roman daemons) and minor deities such as the worship of Vasudeva Krishna or Hanuman in the slowly Aryanized tribes of the Vindhyas.

colosus.png

Wait a minute... While it's nice to see it is going to be present in the game, how exactly is the Colossus of Rhodes even present on Rhodes in 450 AVC/304 BC, as it didn't even begin construction until 292 BC and it didn't finish until 280 BC.

Great Diary! Honestly just makes me want to play as Phrygia even more now.
Because now I can be the antiquity's Peacekeepers and act as the defender of (Greek) Democracy, and Protect Freedom for (Greek) People everywhere!
Which may or may not also happen to align with my strategic Interests

Also we now know of four (so far) forms of... uh... "Indentured Freedom" and what their level of indenturedness might be like (In terms of autonomy):
Tributary
Vassal
Feudatory
Satrap
I am interested to hear more about these four and how exactly they work in the future!

As for how many diplomatic slots a nation can have I think was covered in Dev Diary #10 about country ranks:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...velopment-diary-10-30th-of-july-2018.1112706/

The # of slots (If number are the same as they were when that diary came out) are as follows:
City State: 1
Local Power: 2
Major Power: 3
Great Power: 5

Now if I counted correctly Phrygia has so far 10 (And more probably to come) used diplomacy relations either in the form of Alliances or as a Vassal, Feudatory etc., and I assume is a Great Power, so that means that either:
A) You can go over the allotted slots and suffer increasing penalties for each slot you go over (Keeping with CK 2 And EU 4)
B) the number of slots have increased
C) Some other third thing and/or a combination of A and B and C

Regardless Keep up the great work!!! Can't wait for next week's Diary!

Will there be an event for Mithridates to arrive in Pontus? (probably would require Kios to get annexed i guess?)

Wait a minute... While it's nice to see it is going to be present in the game, how exactly is the Colossus of Rhodes even present on Rhodes in 450 AVC/304 BC, as it didn't even begin construction until 292 BC and it didn't finish until 280 BC.
Probably spawned in using commands for the sake of putting it in the dev diary. Less of a time waste than waiting for the simulation to get to the right date.

Looking at the nation banners in the upper left of the screenshots and wondering which they belong to. I'm pretty sure the diagonal white in a field of navy blue with a navy blue twelve-pointed star is Rhodes. What are the other two?

How will the blessing and omen system work for monotheistic religions, seeing as they have but 1 deity to pray to?

Also, you didn't tell us the requirements to form Byzantium :)

It's not like you need multiple deities for this. For instance, for Catholics these could be called "Call the Priests to legalize your wars", "Call the Priests to spread family values", "Call Jesuits to educate some folk", etc.
In other words, it could be asking Priests for favors, calling for Angels, and so on. "Deities" here are just flavor text.

Rhodos starts independent and has a decision available to it to construct the colossus to commemorate its recent siege.
a.k.a. It isn't present in the game at game start, it's gotta be built and that's going to depend on resources available for Rhodes.

If things look weird in a dev diary or teaser image, especially one with a starting date or near starting date, it's because they just consoled stuff in to show it off, instead of playing decades into the game just to get a demonstration screenshot.

There should be an interaction to ask a character to convert to state religion maybe? I don't think if it should be using tyranny or just money to persuade them?

Maybe that can be modded?

Great! I hope that different decissions involving religion could be taken, for example: raising new gods, like local deities (local deities would be great), to hegemony, or syncretizing foreign deities (like Cybeles, Mithra, Isis...), maybe replacing old deities' omens; choosing patron deities for cities, changing worshiping models (for example, from trinitarian Jupiter-Minerva-Juno cult to semi-monotheistic Sol Invictus cult).

Last edited: