Imperator - Development Diary #11 - 6th of August 2018

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Romans never really used that many archers.

they will possible be renamed. They include all kind of ranged weapons, not only bows.

What are you talking about? After his conquest of Gallia, he was the richest man in all the world!

But before he was poor and in dept...

He was facing personal ruin, there were no way for him to pay it back. He had to conquer Gallia, or he would have been toast.

He was facing personal ruin, there were no way for him to pay it back. He had to conquer Gallia, or he would have been toast.

But his troops were still loyal too him. So 'If he has no money he should lose loyality' is wrong.

I didn't disagree with you. :p

But his troops were still loyal too him. So 'If he has no money he should lose loyality' is wrong.
Being in debt doesn't mean you have no money; it just means you're using someone else's money to pay for things. Caesar used borrowed money from the likes of Crassus to keep his troops paid.

In my recent EUR game, though, I had generals with 30+ loyal cohorts and a Wealth rating of -4k denarii, with physically no way to gain enough jobs to offset the losses from loyal cohorts. I guess you could roleplay it that they, like Caesar, had been bankrolled by some wealthy benefactors, but nothing ever came of it. There was no possibility that the troops would turn against their general, no matter how poor, uncharismatic or unpopular he was.

This is the kind of situation in which generals should lose their loyal cohorts.

Desecrate Holy Site - Spend religious power in another nations capital to reduce their omen power for a long time.
I hope they change this. Instead of capitals each religion could have its own holy sites to be desecrated.