Imperator Developer Diary 2.0 : Change Log

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think they have had MP in mind with the whole revision. I will pay attention to MP games after 2.0, but please tell us after you try 2.0 what is your impression about how MP game play experience has changed.
I suspect that the MP concerns are more around QoL issues such as lack of in game chat and server instability rather than being gameplay related (I also don't play MP)

Reactions:
It is at least a slightly disincentive factor, but 0.2% is very moderate and I assume it is more of a balance factor to gold costs, as levie-based warefare means no Generals (which cost 2.0% of the national income each)
I never liked most costs based on income in Paradox games, though I guess they have to represent the inefficiency of a large empire somehow.

Reactions:
The MG and HoA DLCs bought to show my thanks.

EDIT: It has changed so much that I need a fresh mind and coffee to attempt it. But the visuals have changed so much that after exiting the game and opening Chrome to write this edit, I felt more than a moment of disassociation. But the gameplay has changed too, and it seems for the better.

(TBH any game that allows me to design pyramids I will like.) :)

I hope the modders don't collectively suicide, but I think I will like 2.0.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
- hidden health for characters
Correcting myself here - this missing from the list is not a case of undocumented change...sadly health is currently still a completly open book:

StillHealthInPercent.jpg

Hoping that the masking announced here...

I’ve actually gone on a purge of ‘odd to have’ info that isn’t represented here. Health in character screen; manpower and gold in diplo screen are currently gone, with more to come probably.

...will come soon :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Before the marius update i played IR 100hours now i played 1.8 hours more and de-installed, why:

- Played my favorite nation Tripolitana: No intro history text like with Europa Universalis, why Oyat is city and not capital? Lapki is settlement and capital, why?
- Politics screen not clearly explained
- Trade mechanics still not worked out well
- Building building an absolute disaster, badly explained what they to do (who had the idea that a mill eg. in oyat can produce more olives? why a mill? prdx please! use brain)
- Colonisation also badly arranged, this should be more of an investment (like Eu, which i not play anymore due to high GUI clutter) instead of moving a pop
- The new UI looks a bit better but does not deliver
- Combat system needs to be revised thoroughly (i see some work went into doctrines, that is right direction)
- Bugs spotted, character pays out of pocket 250 he not has to increase friendship

I suggest building the game from the foundation new, the map is beautiful, but everything else what is built on top is too complicated or not thought out well

There is much explanation lacking, a thing what CK is doing better.

I think this is the latest major financial injection the game got, let prdx prove me the contrary. Also i think the developers are stuck with the game design as they come across balance problems, due to not smart creativity a layer of destructive standardisation ruins the game.

This could be a cash cow

Start nation:
-see history text
- see soldier choose his equipment and quantity trade - economy
- same for ships
Much potential to improve visuals and personalisation of nation. I come back at mid Autumn this year.

Reactions:
  • All countries with Pirate Heritage now have access to the Slave Raid naval ability

Just for the record: As nice as this change is, the number of tags which actually have this heritage has somehow greatly shrinked compared to 1.5:

PirateHeritage.jpg

Reactions:
How do clan retinues work in the new version?

They are removed; instead levies are distributed between the clan chiefs, when they are raised - from the DD about Levies:

Tribal Levies

In a tribal country political leadership is shared between a number of Clan Chiefs, with the rulership of the country passing between them with each succession.
In previous versions of Imperator Clan chiefs have also had 1 permanently raised Clan Retinue with a number of units under their command, increasing their Power Base as well as giving the player cheap troops.
In the Marius update, Tribal Retinues will no longer exist. Tribes will also never have access to Legions, unlike Monarchies and Republics.

When levies are raised in a Tribal Country they will attempt to converge into at least as many armies as there are Clan Chiefs, granting command of one army to each stakeholder in the Tribe. This means that for a small tribe the raised levies can result in 3 quite small armies, similar to how retinue sizes are currently quite small.

All troops that are raised in a tribe will also start out with personal loyalty to one of the clan chiefs, meaning that clan chief powerbase will spike in times of war when levies are called. After the war, when levies are disbanded they will turn into loyal veterans (similar to how loyal troops already do when disbanded in the current version of the game), increasing the power base of your clan chiefs with every war you fight, until that clan chief dies and a new chief takes their place.

Clan chiefs not leading an army (for instance if you wish to merge your tribal levies, or if their army was destroyed) when you are at war will get a sharp loyalty penalty since they are not allowed to act out their authority like they expect. Clan chiefs in command of an army on the other hand will receive a substantial loyalty increase, for as long as the war lasts. We hope the task of forging a strong, united tribal army that can challenge the established empires, despite a measure of internal strife and disunity, will be an interesting challenge for the player.

Reactions: