Imperator Developer Diary 2.0 : Change Log

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought it was a typo from the upcoming Stellaris update :p

Stellaris: OMG we're adding espionage all! we're going to make 5 different Developer blogs about it!

Imperator Rome: "We'll just quietly slip this in the patch notes and see if anyone notices..."
I mean, this is a character interaction and some associated events, don't let your imagination go too wild :D

• 18Haha
  • 8Like
Reactions:
I'm also thinking something like a 10% tax income bonus, based on the harbor duties. A lvl 5 port in a bit city should make you a lot of money.
That is redundant with the taxes from goods traded in the Port province, unless you want to tax the ships for docking in the port.. was that a think in the antiquity? A high level port should increase the trade attractiveness of your province => more trade there => more taxes.

Reactions:
I'm curious,what change do you suggest for that if you have some ideas?
This one for example:

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
That is redundant with the taxes from goods traded in the Port province, unless you want to tax the ships for docking in the port.. was that a think in the antiquity? A high level port should increase the trade attractiveness of your province => more trade there => more taxes.

Harbor revenues were a big source of income for those controlling the important ports.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Delightful :)
We need videos
D7CBBA77-B4A6-426E-923E-644362DA6FAD.jpeg

Reactions:
It is weird that ports dont increase trade somehow.
Shish! we know they are working on the trade upgrade. However, my 2 cents:

Ports per se do not increase trade. Purchase power does. POP's wanting goods should increase trade attractiveness of each province and Ports should be upgraded to not hinder trade.

A low level Port should have a penalty on trade taxes if there are more trades on the province going through that Port than the number of trades the Port can handle.

We know Ports can get very busy in those times as many trade routes were faster transported by sea.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wow seems like a really great and comprehensive update. Seems like the Imperator team gets it and is listening to the community. Definitely going to start a new game.

Did anything get done to the inter-Greek diplomacy? The big thing that bothers me with playing in Greece is that League members/allies kill each other and you can't stop them. And once a country joins a certain League/alliance there's no way to get them to leave it. It's completely static. Which makes it basically impossible to create a broad alliance of the many Greek states like i want to do.

• 1Like
Reactions: