Imperator Developer Diary 2.0 : Change Log

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lots of good stuff - and some nice small additions, e.g.:

- espionage
- beefed up Pirate heritage
- Researcher events associated to certain traits (finally a reason to go past primary stats with your choice)
- reworked tutpring of heirs
- characters can die in battles

Also glad to see a lot fixes for events - so all the bug reporting was good for something :)

Two things I missed in the changelog:

- hidden health for characters
- added statemanship effect for election support

• 3Like
Reactions:
Lots of good stuff - and some nice small additions, e.g.:

- espionage
- beefed up Pirate heritage
- Researcher events associated to certain traits (finally a reason to go past primary stats with your choice)
- reworked tutpring of heirs
- characters can die in battles

Also glad to see a lot fixes for events - so all the bug reporting was good for something :)

Two things I missed in the changelog:

- hidden health for characters
- added statemanship effect for election support

Wait, you're telling me characters couldn't die in battle!?

Reactions:
"Added regnal name events for Egypt, Seleukids, Pergamon, Bithynia and Mithridatids if ruled by the relevant family - long live Ptolemy XXIIV"

Nice. I wrote about this before. Like that Antiochos IV was probably called Mithridates before but took Antiochos as his throne name. I never expected this to be included but i am super happy about this new event.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wait, you're telling me characters couldn't die in battle!?
Strictly spoken yes, as the exact line of the changelog (correctly) states:
Characters can now die during battles, not just after battles
The 2nd part "after battle" refers to a (rare) event which is already in the game: If you lose a battle, it can occasionally happen that an event offers you to let the commanding general make a risky maneuver to save some retreating troops. One of the outcomes -beside staying unharmed or getting wounded - is the character dying.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Be still my beating heart
Agreed! I don’t have time to play these days, as I’m a stay at home dad of a baby and I’m in grad school, but I’m very happy to know they’ve fixed the game being actually, genuinely, literally unplayable for Mac users.

Hopefully!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Added rare event for large unstable AI tribes to splinter into subjects and free states
Will the Tribe's player have any influence on this?

‘Granary Fire’ event now only targets territories with granary buildings, destroying them
Can you add unique disasters for all buildings in later patches?

Added regnal name events for Egypt, Seleukids, Pergamon, Bithynia and Mithridatids if ruled by the relevant family - long live Ptolemy XXIIV
Good, but this shouldn't be unique to these tags. Every monarchy should get such events.

‘Granary Fire’ event now only targets territories with granary buildings, destroying them
Can you add unique disasters for all buildings in later patches?

Added Hellenic deities Dioskourai (Greek) and Castores (Roman)
Are these 2 in addition to thes 13 added in the DLC?

Split Bithynia and Cappadocia regions with new region of Cappadocia Pontica
Calling it simply Pontus would be better.

Some here are worried that these things are NOT mentioned:
  • Dual rulers for Sparta
  • armour for female generals
  • legion and levy models for DLC nations and cultures.
Will you implement any of these?

• 3Like
Reactions:
A big 2.0 update and not a single note about multiplayer? This seems to be the new trend with the new paradox titles, totally ignoring MP issues. I mean you couldn't even add a chatbox at least? If you're not going to properly support multiplayer might as well remove the feature in your future titles not to mislead people who are interested in MP into buying your games and expecting it to be supported.

Reactions:
  • Character Interactions: Added Espionage, unlocked by invention, allows visibility of foreign manpower and treasury counts [now hidden by default] with events for sabotage and more

Love this new feature. It always felt not real/good until now! Good work!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • Governors now receive a standard wage of 0.2% of national income in addition to the provincial wage
  • Governor’s standard wages increased by 100% when their levy is raised
Does this mean conquering a small number of territories in another province is bad because the governor the extra province will require will cost more than the territory produces?

Reactions: