Imperator DD: Important balance changes and missions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The thing is that you can't replenish partial units. If you only have that in place, you will only replenish when you've lost more than what a Pop represents. And then you stop reinforcing until you've lost enough soldiers to be able to fill in with singular Pops.

The only way around is to make Pop juice so you can always reinforce to full and have the remainder wait until your next refill.
Not true, you replenish one soldier : one manpower. If there is no manpower from that region/POPclass manpower pool, the unit does not replenish. Like now when manpower reaches 0.

forgive my ignorance, but is it confirmed that there is no actual number in the background for pops? the game tracks pops as these integers? I doubt that, and suspect they are probably just rounded down for the UI.
Pops as of now are individual Pops with a growth gauge. But I suspect it is going to have any deduction from the growth gauge. It makes more sense to grind down grown Pops into Pop juice than grinding an unborn Foetus.

Not true, you replenish one soldier : one manpower. If there is no manpower from that region/POPclass manpower pool, the unit does not replenish. Like now when manpower reaches 0.
Have we confirmed there will be locally stored manpower waiting for teleportation?

Have we confirmed there will be locally stored manpower waiting for teleportation?
No, i do not think so. It was a suggestion. Manpower will come from all POPs in all territories and tele-transport magically as you say.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
No, i do not think so. It was a suggestion. Manpower will come for all POPs in all territories and tele-transport magically as you say.
So the men for teleportation would just be newborn children being ground down to Pop juice to wait for teleportation, while the Pops at home producing would be all the unfit people staying home working the economy.

To be honest, everything still comes down to Pop juice if you think about it. Manpower pool. If not juice why store it in a pool?

The difference is between either you grind down newborn fit male children that will never go home with their families and stay inside the manpower pool, or you grind down an existing whole family into Pop juice to reinforce.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Nothin
This update will cement Imperator as the best Paradox game mechanics wise. The main priority after this should be adding flavor for some time, imo.

That remains to be seen, but I won't lie I'm holding out hope that this is the case.

I think the only thing remaining (barring the next couple of DD's being about diplomacy) would be to update/add diplomats or ambassadors and give us more decisions related to that. (Hell, perhaps making it so that establishing a defensive league allows for league members to continue beefing with one another but providing collective defense to outside forces)

Once that's done, I think flavor will really make things far more interesting. As of the moment I have so little interest in playing any factions outside of Mediterannean ones.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Does the Diadochi mission includes Pyrrhus and Epirus, the true successors to the Argead throne? :)
Question: if Pyrrhus rules Epirus and is able to take the throne of Macedon will they be able to do the Hellenistic empire tree?
I am interested in seeing this as well.

The Hellenistic Empire mission will be available for Epirus in addition to the normal routes (forming Macedon and completing the latter two of their trees) if they have completed the Hellenic Contender Epirote mission.

• 15Like
  • 7Love
Reactions:
The Hellenistic Empire mission will be available for Epirus in addition to the normal routes (forming Macedon and completing the latter two of their trees) if they have completed the Hellenic Contender Epirote mission.

Great news! It is only fair that the rightful successors of Alexander can complete these missions, in addition to the Diadochi usurpers.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yay. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sir, will you work on about the Steppe Hordes? Perhaps the mechanics of the Steppe Horde would have been nice instead of Dahae in the western steppes. There must be another great steppe nation, in my opinion.

Sir, will you work on about the Steppe Hordes? Perhaps the mechanics of the Steppe Horde would have been nice instead of Dahae in the western steppes. There must be another great steppe nation, in my opinion.
The game has mechanics for the Dahae (Parthia) and the Yuezhi (Kushan empire) already in the game. Those are the only two great steppe nations in this time period on the map. The Kidarites, Chionites, Hepthalites, and Huns would not come into play until much after this game's end date. You could argue that Parthia and Kushan empire could have a lot more help to make them strong enough to succeed, but those are really the only two strong steppe nations in this time period on the map. The Sarmatians while on the map, did not consolidate their control of the Pontic Steppe until after the game's end date, and the Goths who broke their power also come into focus after the game's end date.

This game period covers a period of relative weakness of the steppe nomads on the western steppes. The Bosporan kingdom is beginning to flourish, and will eventually be annexed by the growing power of Pontus, and the Romans reduce Pontus, the Bosporan Kingdom would become a roman client state and would continue to prosper until the migration period where it was completely overwhelmed by the goths.

You could argue that the Parthians and Yuezhi deserve better mechanics to make their rise to power and dominance more likely, but there is no reason to argue that the western steppes needs an ahistorical boon. To form an empire controlling the entire western steppes would be ahistorical, and as such it should only occur in the hands of a competent player.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Being a fan of Paradox Franchise with dozen, hundreds, thousand of hours playing (EU, HoI, CK and more recently IR, my favourite), I'm writing today my very first post ever, here on this Forum. As a matter of fact, I am absolutely delighted by the depth, potential and total immersion provided by IR today. This game has been denounced so badly until recently and finally now it is going to get its rank honored soon I think by both the players community and the critic. I would like to endorse the hopes and fears of several contributors in this Topic.

On one hand, I do support and I am confident in the success of all the efforts made by the developpers to improve the game day after day towards the 2.0 version. On the other hand I fear that some of the new mechanics to be offered (Manpower, Missions,...) will not really go in the direction that I expected.
Indeed, for the sake of the challenge, I have almost always prefered to play a lower medium or minor nations, i.e. Epirus, Avernes and Attrebates, humbly managing to equal more or less the final ranking of Rome and Carthage. (Conversely, in CK3 I always find it much more exciting to play a Count in order to conqueer large parts of Europe).

To conclude, my wish is that the developpers will maintain a viable balance of power between small and major nations sothat it will always be possible to overcome the well known giants if you are doing your warmonger job very well and/or if you are lucky.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: