Imperator DD: Important balance changes and missions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This update will cement Imperator as the best Paradox game mechanics wise. The main priority after this should be adding flavor for some time, imo.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You really feel like this is free?
do u remember why they started making 2.0?
I'm not saying it's out of the goodness in their hearts.
But it will be free nonetheless.

Reactions:
What is this Reduced intervention restriction thing ? I don't quite get it

If im not misstaken, intervention-restriction refers to the requirement for using the diplomatic interaction ”intervene in war”, whereby a country is able to intervene on the side of the defender in an ongoing war.

Iirc, the normal restriction to be able to do this is to be at least of rank ”major power”. Reduced requirement can mean being able to use it when of rank regional power.

there is actually an invention that does this in 1.5, specific to Rome.

The benefits of interveneing may not be obvious, but they are there, and will be more interesting to use given the mentioned new vassal-types and new paths to vassalization.

Reactions:
As I'm currently doing an internship in Stockholm, I sometimes think about bribing the team just for having the out-coming date, lol.

I am very impatient to have free time and play this new I:R game, all the things you change / add look amazing ! Thanks !

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Leagues need to be fix. They're almost pointless to me because League member kill each other off. There no way to stop it. And there's no way to get a nation to leave a League. So they are like completely static permanent things.

All the small nations get wiped out fairly quickly in my games and you can never bring most of them back. For some reason it only allow you to bring back like 1 nation per area. Even if there were 3 or 4 nation in that area.

When I play in Greece I want to make big League of all Greek nation and be the leader. There should be internal League mechanic too.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Since we are getting DDs about balancing I'll guess we are close to getting the release date. PDX Please:
This is a very important patch for the future of Imperator so take your time with it. As much as I would love to play it right now make sure to take the time needed to make it great. We are willing to wait for quality.

Do a public beta and really listen to the feedback you get.

Do a dev clash.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Seriously impressed by the amount of content that's coming with the patch. I don't know who the people are who worked on this new patch, but they seriously deserve some credit. Imagine working with this much passion on a game that people have judged (sometimes unjustifiably) very harshly. Other devs would have just given it minimal support and would move on to the next thing.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Ask the devs
Statesmanship

As of 2.0, statesmanship will be vastly more important than prominence in republican elections; simulating more of a meritocratic/political aspect to character importance. It should become more likely to have long-serving officials elected to Consul, than those with inherent prominence from one of many sources.
can you vary this across parties? e.g. make Populares value popularity more.

Holy Sites and Treasures

Due to popular demand, you will now be able to remove treasures from holy sites not in your pantheon, without razing said site to the ground.
what about adding treasures to non-patreon holy sites? In the late game, an expanding nation has many of them in storage.

A new Hellenistic culture will be adopted by the state and its elite, spreading to the capital and largest cities first, representing the mixing of cultures and the common identity shared by all subjects of the God-Kings of your Hellenistic empire.
what if some other greek tag forms the empire? Will they also be able to change the culture?

No Bactria tree?
Very sad. They're worthy of at least 1 unique.
As the main diadochi trees will be part of the new DLC (which is a bad decision, but probably too late to change now), Bactria and others (Cappadocia, Cyrenaica, Arachosia) a should get focus trees in a reworked Hellenistic world flavor pack.

Can you please just stop making focus trees and make full system overhauls as the DLC.
NO. that's an insane request, unless you think the game will be abandoned after 2.0.

• 4Like
Reactions:
If im not misstaken, intervention-restriction refers to the requirement for using the diplomatic interaction ”intervene in war”, whereby a country is able to intervene on the side of the defender in an ongoing war.

Iirc, the normal restriction to be able to do this is to be at least of rank ”major power”. Reduced requirement can mean being able to use it when of rank regional power.

there is actually an invention that does this in 1.5, specific to Rome.

The benefits of interveneing may not be obvious, but they are there, and will be more interesting to use given the mentioned new vassal-types and new paths to vassalization.

Thank you

I saw this tech when I played Rome and I had no clue what it was

Like that, I don't find it very useful but whatever, very situational I think

I am disappointed with this DD. I was looking forward to a huge swath of balances, particularly to manpower/gold since they were pretty much infinite after a certain point. I was hoping a significant nerf for both, particularly after the levy system was introduced. Instead this change increased total manpower because even though the manpower cap is not increased, the recovery speed is, and so you can recruit more troops before reaching the cap.
Also levies barely affect the economy, since ~85% of the gold economy are slaves, through taxes & surplus/commerce.

The new features are nice, but if the game doesn't resemblance the era's army size and an actual cost to war, then it will still suffer from the map painting reputation.
I mean imagine if HOI4 had armies in the billions instead of millions, or thousands of battleships instead of a few dozen, people would complain, well same with I:r you can't have 1million+ soldiers and a perfect economy in classical age.

I really hope you reconsider and take another look at economy and manpower. That or i just hope i am wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Instead this change increased total manpower because even though the manpower cap is not increased, the recovery speed is, and so you can recruit more troops before reaching the cap.

The change is so huge that they had to increase manpower generation, imagine!

Manpower comes from freemen mainly, when they are levied they stop producing manpower. This means you are left with reserve tank during your wars. After war, you will be depleted. I do not think infinite manpower will be an issue.

i am more concerned with immortal legions, but let’s see what they have came up with. This issue is long time known in the forums.

Reactions:
We'll have to see how it plays I guess, but the unrealistically vast army sizes we have at the moment are one of my chief gripes, so I do hope that is addressed via all these changes in 2.0.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am looking forward to diving back into Imperator and play some of the diadochi realms with the new content pack :) Appreciate the work you are putting into these updates folks!

Reactions:
The best thing to do in order to address the infinite manpower problem is to bring back attrition even if an army has food.

This infinite manpower thing only appeared after armies were able to store food and no longer hit by attrition when they still had food. Constant tweaking the manpower ammount provided by pops were futile since lowering it only meant that a higher ammount of pops was needed to achieve critical mass.

So please just bring back normal army attrition.

• 6Like
Reactions: