• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It looks great! Good job. I hope to finish my present game before the changes...

Ss. Can you please put some of those PDX and IR t-shirts and hoodies on Merch?

I've one big issue with the new Settlement-UI: You cant see buildings and Pop-Classes together! I need to know which pops living in my city to build the best buildings!

In this point, the old Territory-UI is better than the new one!

Please Paradox do not hide the most important informations about a settlement, the pop-classes and buildings, in different folders!

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Don't have any specific feedback but I'd just like to say: I appreciate that you guys are focusing on UX. Ever since I did that module in my degree it has seriously bugged me when a game clearly hasn't done good UX work and conversely I've really appreciated games that do a good job. Keep up the good work and I look forward to improvements (especially in trade management! Finding good internal sources of a trade good and redirecting it from wherever it's currently going is a really poor experience right now.)

Reactions:
Two feedbacks from me:

1. In the character view other than the visual rapresentation of the category (Children, Rivals, etc) maybe it should be also written, at least with a tooltip.
2. In the nation overwiew I hope you changed the province visuals for good this time, in the old one we had a list of provinces sharing the same governor from the region and the result was a list full of the same guys repeated scroll after scroll

said that continue with the good work.

Reactions:
Cant see anything different in that combat screen teaser. Someone? Im terrible at this hehe

I'm just speculating if they allow for more control over combat deployment? The deployment pattern looks very non-standard to me.

EDIT: I checked in the game, and you can only pick one type of flanking cohort, and the max flank size pickable in 10. The Antigonids have flank size 18 in the picture.

Last edited:
For the proposed province layout, there is no info on two of the most important province indicators: neither happiness of the pops (either average or by pop type) nor their output. Right now, at least, there is a mask showing the level of happiness (and you have to hover the mouse to see output).

Did tooltip texts get tidied up too? They are unnecessarily long and take up too much space, thus decreasing screen real estate.

Also, looking great so far! But macro-builder and shortcuts are necessary too for a much better user experience. For example, maybe add shortcuts for that new terrain tabs(pops, buildings, tactical) for better functionality.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I like the new national overview, and writing out the modifiers for the government. it can be hard to keep track of what all the symbols mean. (though another way to do this would be to add mouse-over elements to these icons?)

Interesting that they increased combat width.

the width in that screenshot is 50. interestingly, the number 50 is also listed top right... I suspect this is an indication of combat width being made dynamic in some way..!

Reactions:
Really like where the UX is going, but from a UI perspective, white text on teal background is terrible for text readability. Please reconsider something with a little more contrast

Reactions:
I'm loving the new aesthetic, but there're a couple of things that I would really love to see added/implemented too.

Firstly, something I've been using Agamidae's mod for a long time for; the % of pops following your religion/part of your primary or integrated culture shown as a number, not just a piece of pie, right there on the province view. If I am to decide what governor policy to use, that info is really quite paramount, and I don't want it to be hidden beneath a tooltip (or make a guess on some pie chart)

This is how it looks in Agamidae's mod:
1601906961141.png

and while I am no artist or even artistic at all, so really have no suggestions on how to add those % numbers to the UI that you have created, I really, strongly believe it is important to add that number. A pie just ain't good enough.

Speaking of Number %s, this also needs to be added to the Provinces tab on the Nation overview. I care little for the exact breakdown of pop types in this screen. Nothing that you can interact with there (such as the aformentioned governor policy) is really immediately affected by the pop class breakdown, but showing the % following your primary culture/religion is certainly much more helpful.

Again, how it looks in Agamidae's mod:
1601907288051.png

I am a smudge worried about the trade situation too, right now you show 8 trade goods, and we all know that a late game empire can have a province with dozens upon dozens of seperate goods being imported. How does that scale in the new UI?

And finally, I'm very much loving the Character UI, it looks truly stunning and there really isn't much to complain about (especially in a UI sense)
But I would like to request, once again, that this be removed from the game.
1601907856321.png

I don't think it improves the experience or immerses one in any kind of roleplay to know exactly how healthy a character is to the level where you know the very month of their death years in advance. It adds nothing but gameyness to the game, in the worst possible way. Can we take more tips from CK3 and implement their obfuscated system?

• 6Like
Reactions:
I may manage 200+ provinces if I start as Antigonid Empire... don't make me have to open sub-windows when I want to look happiness levels.

Arheo said the Happiness bars will return.

Even if the happiness bars return, I do feel that the loyalty / unrest / happiness mechanics could be presented better. In the old UI, when I had a disloyal province I had to look at the tooltip on the loyalty bar to see it is unrest (often small contributions from each province), then look at each province unrest and see from that tooltip that it was pop happiness. While the pop happiness bars on the window likewise displayed unhappy pops, I didn't know why until I went into the pops window and had to look yet another tooltip for each pop to see why they were unhappy. It contributed to a lot of clicking and squinting at tooltips to find out the source of disloyalty.
Since this is more of a UX problem, I thought I would raise it here: if there is a way to streamline the root cause of province disloyalty and unhappiness that would be great.

Overall good work though, just want to continually improve it.

Reactions:
Hey guys, some things really worry me here. Why move the icons to the left hand side? This seems like it will only reduce the available screen real estate while I already have a bar at the top I need to access anyway. I get changing the icons, but moving them forces me to use another portion of the screen while the top portion is still consumed. As well it reduces your ability to add more buttons in the future, and rolling decisions into the overview seems like your'e already hitting that limit.

What pops I have, and what buildings I want are tied together. By putting them in separate tabs I now have to tab back and forth to determine how I want to build that province. This is extra clicks for the user. It seems like a downgrade.

Looking at the decisions section I cant see the ability to turn off notifications or turn them on. Is this feature being removed?

I like the coloring and branding, will the color for the UI depend upon my nations primary color, or will it always be focused on rome? In CK2 if I switch to zoroastrian my UI has a pretty greenish tint, if I'm pagan wood. Is that being leveraged here?

• 1Like
Reactions: