Imperator DD #101 - A Most Auspicious Number

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the new senate UI (work in progress I accept) I can't see where it indicates the faction that the consul and co-consul are from.

Reactions:
About the UI. I like the way the Roman family names are displayed (Cornelia Prima of the Cornelii). Very nice. How will other cultures be displayed? Will there be difference based on culture? Phoenicians (and I reckon a lot of cultures) are all '... son of ..., son of...' or '... son of ...., daughter of' (with possibly prominence determinig whether to reference the father or mother).

Could the way ruler names are being displayed also be changed? I don't like seeing surnames for me kings. Rather than Antigonos I Monophthalmos Antigonid I would prefer if i simply displayed Antigonos I Monophthalmos.

Has Crete got more provinces?

or are my eyes bad?

It also seems like they fixed the wasteland issue on Egypt's Red Sea/Gulf of Suez coast. Seems like they haven't been able to fix the tip of the Sinai yet though. :(

Reactions:
Nested tooltips is the single best thing which could happen to Imperator. Best feature of CK3 imho.

• 3Like
Reactions:
About the UI. I like the way the Roman family names are displayed (Cornelia Prima of the Cornelii). Very nice. How will other cultures be displayed? Will there be difference based on culture? Phoenicians (and I reckon a lot of cultures) are all '... son of ..., son of...' or '... son of ...., daughter of' (with possibly prominence determinig whether to reference the father or mother).

Could the way ruler names are being displayed also be changed? I don't like seeing surnames for me kings. Rather than Antigonos I Monophthalmos Antigonid I would prefer if i simply displayed Antigonos I Monophthalmos.

It also seems like they fixed the wasteland issue on Egypt's Red Sea/Gulf of Suez coast. Seems like they haven't been able to fix the tip of the Sinai yet though. :(

I'm with you on the surnames for kings in monarchies!

Good spot! Glad they finally fixed the wasteland issue! Maybe in Sinai there still occurs the colorless wasteland, because Nabatea owns a small piece of land there?

Reactions:
How much effort is being put into ensuring performance is stable, and in particular the burden placed on a player's CPU/GPU and pool of RAM? This UX/UI overhaul seems that it might worsen performance potentially with a bit more substance to what is displayed and thus resources needed to generate it constantly while playing.

Is this something that is being worked on under the hood atm and thus still yet to be determined, or is it already known that performance and the utilization/efficiency of RAM/CPU use is actually going to modestly improve/worsen with these changes? I ask this more generally than specific to myself. IR has fairly consistently run better than HOI4/CK2/Stellaris has in terms of the amount of resources used while playing, curious if this might no longer be the case.

Also, I'd like to suggest perhaps three different Senate images to give the mood of their stance towards you. Loyal 2/3 aligned towards player (maybe they are standing in ovation or the like) middling/neutral (seated as is), hostile, maybe like 2/3 opposed (perhaps one of them angrily shouting while speaking before the group). Would be a nice QoL immersion for that littler touch being done.

Last edited:
How much effort is being put into ensuring performance is stable, and in particular the burden placed on a player's CPU/GPU and pool of RAM? This UX/UI overhaul seems that it might worsen performance potentially with a bit more substance to what is displayed and thus resources needed to generate it constantly while playing.

Is this something that is being worked on under the hood atm and thus still yet to be determined, or is it already known that performance and the utilization/efficiency of RAM/CPU use is actually going to modestly improve/worsen with these changes? I ask this more generally than specific to myself. IR has fairly consistently run better than HOI4/CK2/Stellaris has in terms of the amount of resources used while playing, curious if this might no longer be the case.

Also, I'd like to suggest perhaps three different Senate images to give the mood of their stance towards you. Loyal 2/3 aligned towards player (maybe they are standing in ovation or the like) middling/neutral (seated as is), hostile, maybe like 2/3 opposed (perhaps one of them angrily shouting while speaking before the group). Would be a nice QoL immersion for that littler touch being done.

I'm not entirely sure, but the UI shouldn't affect performance as long it doesn't inherits some fancy effects or 3D models, which have to be loaded. I don't see anything of that in the new UI. So it shouldn't change performance at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: