Imperator DD #101 - A Most Auspicious Number

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I still hope to see a dark mode in I:R! :)
I am not a developer but wouldn't it just add a filter to decrease the brightness of UI elements?

• 2Like
Reactions:
what's cartoony about the new UI ? I don't see it
I'm wondering the same thing.
This new UI looks better and more modern for a 2020 game.

• 5Like
Reactions:
The new UI's plain ugly. How many clashing primary colors and random other stuff can you cram together? It looks like something I'd expect from the bottom of the barrel of interface mods on the workshop.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I still hope to see a dark mode in I:R! :)
I am not a developer but wouldn't it just add a filter to decrease the brightness of UI elements?

Not really; there's a bunch of other considerations like brightening text appropriately to account, making sure details have the right contrast etc.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Seems we have some things to wait!
To be honest , I would not change the UI to the cartoon-style you propose. Prefer the old style , strict presentation. ABut this is just my opinion....

Really excited for the rest.

I was really annoyed by the old white marble UI. The hellenic era was very colorful and the white "classical" style you see for example in the Asterix comics were invented later. So i think it was the old UI that was cartoony.

• 2Like
Reactions:
My reaction while reading this dev diary: ... informative ... like ... love

The only complaint is that those dark cyan alert tabs seems to sometimes melt too much into the map, especially over water.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wow - Big Fan of the new Tooltip system.

Reactions:
Best hopes for Marius!

I like the new symbols for mechanics (never got really used to the current ones), and I also noticed the "year of Publius and Publius", so... yearly consuls?

Reactions: