Imperator DD #101 - A Most Auspicious Number

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
and the potential for culturally thematic UI themes

Gonna be honest, idk why only CK2 had this feature. I think it's awesome and immersive, and wish titles like EU4 had this. YOu could've added some culture specific UI with them 100 expantions. Regardless, I REALLY hope more games will adopt it, at least in some form, even minor.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Rejoice! A fantastic update... The UI looks amazing, and the new ideas about military sound extremely promising. I hope inventions and technology/Mil traditions gets a lot more love and depth (and a complete overhaul) than what I fear it might get. (Also RIP my ambitious invention tech tree mod I've been working on TT)

Interesting how the province view was deliberately closed, and how we haven't seen the building window.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I play on 1080 p myself but just want to ask.Wasn't the current and older patches support lower resolutions or the minimum resolution always had been 1080p.If not,does this mean you have increased resolutions requirement?
Thanks for any replies about this.

Our minimum supported resolution will remain unchanged at 1920x1080. It is probably still possible to play at lower resolutions with significant UI scaling, but funkiness may be encountered (this has always been the case).

• 4Like
Reactions:
Seems we have some things to wait!
To be honest , I would not change the UI to the cartoon-style you propose. Prefer the old style , strict presentation. ABut this is just my opinion....

Really excited for the rest.

Reactions:
I hope UI change is optional, I know many wanted the change and many might not agree but from what I see in screenshots I would prefer old Simplistic one. Just like old impassable terrain coloring. This kinds like a mobile game... One of the reason I dislike CK3 design over CK2. Just give me option to keep it old way.
I don't think they want to add development overhead by having two (most likely) very different UIs.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Stunishing!

• 3Like
Reactions:
How about the outliner? Will it be possible to see more info without scrolling?

We'll see, the outliner is only reskinned at this stage - I'm specifically intending to look at further improvements to it as time goes on.

• 23Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Holy crap... and here I thought the UI couldn't look any worse... is it April 1st already?

Edit: Keep the X's coming bois, negative opinions are still valid opinions. God forbid somebody doesn't fanboi over everything posted. I can give detailed feedback since UX is my pastime.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wow that really looks fantastic. I have started a new game just a week ago which was suprisingly fun. But this news turns me optimistic on this game which I would not have thought possible anymore :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am so glad that Paradox is sticking with this game.

The transformation is has undergone is unbelievable if you think about it.

The core mechanics got completely reworked and continue to be refined with each patch.

And now the whole look and feel of the game is about to receive a major upgrade. It is incredible how much of a difference the UI makes, especially with characters having backgrounds and more room for thematic artwork. Absolutely fantastic work.

The only thing that upsets me now is that we will have to wait for all of this goodness.

• 4Like
Reactions:
As for mechanics: I estimate a system of recruitement tied to pops and provinces, or cultures. This would mean that you raise levies from the pops/culture and (with the removal of war exhaustion) those cultures (starting to get more convinced that it's cultures as I'm typing this) will gain direct unhappiness as those troops suffer losses. This also allows cultural units to have certain bonuses and modifiers.

Recruitment rights for specific cultures? Diadochi primarily recruit from Greek pops now, giving much more accurate representation in those empires?

• 1Like
Reactions: