• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lars_Schneller

Second Lieutenant
1 Badges
May 8, 2020
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
I have loaded Imperator after a while and after roughly a month in new game it crashes. No error message, no black or freezing screen... Game just exits and PDX Crash Reporter shows up. Any solutions?

Last edited:
This is in any new campaign you start? Or just one particular one?

Any mods involved?

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, every time I start a new campaign same problem occurs.
No, just vannila, and updated to newest patch.
It might be a hardware problem, my laptop is quite old although it managed to run Imperator before 1.4.
Here are requested files:

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    97,6 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    5,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    701 bytes · Views: 0
I'm afraid that neither your video nor CPU are supported hardware for this game, and the 4gb memory is the bare minimum.

You could try exiting every other app possible before starting the game, but if that doesn't help, all you can really do is revert to an earlier game version that worked for you.

Sorry about that!