• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nothing like my wife getting knocked up by me while I'm half way across the world fighting in a Crusade... <-- CK2 meme joke.. Which is still present in CK3....

Apparently I have no problem teleporting from Jerusalem to England instantly to file some books for my wife as well, all while at the same time leading a platoon of horsemen across the desert...
Have you actually reported those issues?

Also, did that pregnancy happen by chance <= 3 months into the crusade? Because that is how long until the Pregnancy is noticed.

Have you actually reported those issues?

Also, did that pregnancy happen by chance <= 3 months into the crusade? Because that is how long until the Pregnancy is noticed.

There is nothing to report, that's how it works. The game doesn't take into account where your ruler is 99% of the time.

So much so even the devs make fun of the meme because its true.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just wanted to create this thread to catalogue the slightly "off" or weird events that are breaking immersion for me, and for others to do the same.

Firstly, the "someone throws a diseased corpse at you" event. I had this like four times in about 20 years. Twice it was characters who had a high opinion of me.
Maybe should be restricted to Rivals? Or at least low opinion.

I've had a playthrough where this EXCLUSIVELY happened with my +100 liking CHILDREN, who live in the SAME COURT.

Just wanted to create this thread to catalogue the slightly "off" or weird events that are breaking immersion for me, and for others to do the same.

Firstly, the "someone throws a diseased corpse at you" event. I had this like four times in about 20 years. Twice it was characters who had a high opinion of me.
Maybe should be restricted to Rivals? Or at least low opinion.
I've had a playthrough where this EXCLUSIVELY happened with my +100 liking CHILDREN, who live in the SAME COURT.
This event is a bit awkward because it doesn't check for opinion, but only for potential relationship upgrades (or perhaps we should call it downgrades).

One mechanic the game uses which is poorly explained is that of potential relationships. Sometimes you'll see something like "you grow closer to becoming <relationship> with <character>." Unfortunately I don't think there is any record of this that is visible to the player. It's easy to miss, and I don't know if it can happen behind the scenes somehow without notifying the player.

The corpse event can happen when someone has this potential relationship with you, so if you check opinions and relationships everything is fine, but behind the scenes you have a potential rival relationship with each other.

You sometimes get the option to do something that ends this, in which case the message is something like "You and <character> are no longer at each other's throats."

Note that I'm not saying that this is good as it is right now. I'm just explaining what happened and why, to help people understand why the game behaves in such a seemingly illogical way. :)

(The corpse event can also happen in order to up/downgrade a rival relationship to a nemesis one, but I've personally found that it most often happens to potential rivals.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
There is nothing to report, that's how it works. The game doesn't take into account where your ruler is 99% of the time.

So much so even the devs make fun of the meme because its true.
"I will never report it, but I want it to change." Sorry, but that approach seems non-sensible.

I always report oddities/inconsistencies I notice. I put the severity low, but I do it!

• 2Like
Reactions:
"I will never report it, but I want it to change." Sorry, but that approach seems non-sensible.

I always report oddities/inconsistencies I notice. I put the severity low, but I do it!
I wouldn't report it as a bug, but I would catalog it in suggestions.

But that's just me, and apparently some people consider a typo in an external support resource as qualifing for a bug.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wouldn't report it as a bug, but I would catalog it in suggestions.

But that's just me, and apparently some people consider a typo in an external support resource as qualifing for a bug.
I would consider it a bug when it's a typo that is generated by calculations or scripted things like getting the wrong person, title, etc. :) I've made such reports as bug reports before for CK2 IIRC.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would consider it a bug when it's a typo that is generated by calculations or scripted things like getting the wrong person, title, etc. :) I've made such reports as bug reports before for CK2 IIRC.
Oh yeah, that's 100% a bug. Heck, I'd consider a typo in the game text to be a bug, just not one that's 100% outside of the games's codebase.

But the cited behavior is pure design limitation.

Reactions:
Oh yeah, that's 100% a bug. Heck, I'd consider a typo in the game text to be a bug, just not one that's 100% outside of the games's codebase.

But the cited behavior is pure design limitation.
Yes, you are right about the cited behavior. Sorry, I had two threads open at the same time and thought I was responding to something someone wrote in another thread. My apologies, this one's entirely on me, and thank you for the charitable response! :)

Reactions: