• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Liggi

Lt. General
80 Badges
Mar 28, 2017
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Just wanted to create this thread to catalogue the slightly "off" or weird events that are breaking immersion for me, and for others to do the same.

Firstly, the "someone throws a diseased corpse at you" event. I had this like four times in about 20 years. Twice it was characters who had a high opinion of me.
Maybe should be restricted to Rivals? Or at least low opinion.

Another one for me is during the Romance scheme, it pretty much ALWAYS ends with an intruder trying to murder the target of your Romance. Is this the only way to get someone to fall in love with you? Maybe this could be restricted to if there's a Murder plot against them, and otherwise have something a bit less... dramatic?

• 13Like
Reactions:
The repetitiveness of it is grinding especially when you can't kill the Pope off and have to deal with his 2000 men crusades where you have to just sit and wait for it to time out

• 5Like
Reactions:
Firstly, the "someone throws a diseased corpse at you" event. I had this like four times in about 20 years. Twice it was characters who had a high opinion of me.
Maybe should be restricted to Rivals? Or at least low opinion.
Even worse, that event includes an option to make the instigator your rival. So apparently throwing corpses into my court does not make us rivals but throwing them back suddenly does.

Then again I recently asked for more reciprocity in rivalries so maybe I am a hypocrite for saying that.

Another one for me is during the Romance scheme, it pretty much ALWAYS ends with an intruder trying to murder the target of your Romance. Is this the only way to get someone to fall in love with you? Maybe this could be restricted to if there's a Murder plot against them, and otherwise have something a bit less... dramatic?
At this point I am assuming my character has someone stage those attacks and they are part of the medieval courtship ritual.

• 27Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The romance schemes are so repetitive and honestly a lot of them make no sense as situations a ruler would get into. The attempted murder ending is hilarious when you think about it- there is a chance you're the most powerful man in the world but apparently any rando can just waltz into your wife's bedroom and try to murder her since the concept of guards is unheard of. It's still just little ol' me busting down doors to kill some guy trying to murder my spouse. And the other ending where you save your spouse during a hunt- why the hell is my heavily pregnant wife going mano-a-mano with a wolf(or was it a boar?) in the middle of the woods - again with no guards, or servants. Hunting is supposed to be a social getaway where you spend days with a whole bunch of people eating, drinking and occasionally hunting (it's even a social event in the game ffs) but the romance scheme makes it look like the target of your romance is going all Red Riding Hood walking alone in the woods.

• 12Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I was about to make a post about this yesterday.

If I'm in a civil war with my vassal who is trying to put himself on the throne, I shouldn't get an event where I am visiting his castle and can help him reorganize his library or dining hall. Tons of stupid events like this.

Or I'm in a war with a vassal and I get an event where he's at my tourney and I can put him to some unwanted task to mess with him- uh, buddy we're at war. You can capture and ransom him FFS

A quick filter in the game code could disable this but , it seems like a really bad oversight.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I was about to make a post about this yesterday.

If I'm in a civil war with my vassal who is trying to put himself on the throne, I shouldn't get an event where I am visiting his castle and can help him reorganize his library or dining hall. Tons of stupid events like this.

Or I'm in a war with a vassal and I get an event where he's at my tourney and I can put him to some unwanted task to mess with him- uh, buddy we're at war. You can capture and ransom him FFS

A quick filter in the game code could disable this but , it seems like a really bad oversight.

I've been on a hunt with one of my king vassals, except the king vassal i'm on a hunt with is currently in jail for trying to secede

• 16Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
There are also some events that would make sense if you're just some random guy, but that don't make much sense if you're a ruler.

For example, "I was drinking alone in a tavern, when my friend came up to me and..." wait what, the Emperor is drinking alone in a tavern?

• 9Haha
  • 7Like
Reactions:
It is almost like the team who was responsible for this task were drunk and goofing off. Or they passed it off to some 18yr old intern.

Yeah it really is that bad, it is weird and almost creepy.

• 6Like
Reactions:
It is almost like the team who was responsible for this task were drunk and goofing off. Or they passed it off to some 18yr old intern.

Yeah it really is that bad, it is weird and almost creepy.
This was my first thought when news came out that CK3 would be more "accessible." It sounded good at the time, but to me, the only news worse than that would be "CK3 is now mobile only game."

• 1Like
Reactions:
There's an event that comes with (I think) the diplomacy lifestyle event where one of your councillors is getting defiant and you're given four choices to deal with it. The first three are various forms of abusiveness, and the last is just to yell at them. If you're trying to play a kind or compassionate character, there's no reasonable option.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Even worse, that event includes an option to make the instigator your rival. So apparently throwing corpses into my court does not make us rivals but throwing them back suddenly does.
That actually makes sense lol.

The first guy that throws corpses is just an asshole. But two guys throwing them at each other? now that's a rivalry.

• 31Haha
Reactions:
That actually makes sense lol.

The first guy that throws corpses is just an asshole. But two guys throwing them at each other? now that's a rivalry.
tbh maybe rivalries shouldn't even start as rivalries, but as a 'personal enemy' that, depending on character actions, can become a full fledged rivalry
i don't really know if this would have any noticeable impact, but there's certain character traits (forgiving, compassionate, etc) that would be very opposed to forming rivalries even if a guy was a continuing asshole

• 1Like
Reactions:
tbh maybe rivalries shouldn't even start as rivalries, but as a 'personal enemy' that, depending on character actions, can become a full fledged rivalry
i don't really know if this would have any noticeable impact, but there's certain character traits (forgiving, compassionate, etc) that would be very opposed to forming rivalries even if a guy was a continuing asshole
That's pretty much what Rivalries are.

The game has a higher degree of the condition called "nemesis" that's similar to "best friend". That said, it'd totally make sense for Forgiving or compassionate characters to be less likely to from rivalries and I actually think that's already the case.

Speaking of the romance plot where you save your wife from an intruder. Have you guys seen what happens when your romance scheme fails? She pulls a dagger on you and demands that you leave. What the hell is this?!

• 11Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:

I wouldn't mind that event for romancing other characters than your actual wife, since at least watching a window of your love who lives elsewhere would make more sense. The only thing you would be missing then would be a boombox. Or at least a lute. But what the hell is my character - the ruler - doing... leaving my own castle, where both I and my wife live together, to go look at my own wife's bedroom window? Just... yeah.

• 11Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Speaking of the romance plot where you save your wife from an intruder. Have you guys seen what happens when your romance scheme fails? She pulls a dagger on you and demands that you leave. What the hell is this?!

She's in a group chat with other queens and they all got the same story. "Omg you won't believe what just happened yesterday! I got almost murdered by a hobo and my husband save me!"

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: