• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ater all ur arguments I see that my propose of a HOI4 combat system was a thought in the wrong way. Maybe paradox needs to create something new between vicy 2 and Hoi4 to make the game more interesting for multiplayer. And at least a less boring combatrollsystem...
Paradox games are primarily single player games. They should not be designed with multiplayer concerns in the forefront.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
HoI I don't know, but for sure the combat system of V2 is too simple. Also remember the popular "barricades" in the city streets, this should be rapresented in some way
Considering that a fort only gives a +1 at that scale, the barricades are a local tactical consideration at best, such as offering a single brigade a +1 to its defense for a turn of combat. It's all but meaningless at this level of abstraction, where 3000 men in a single brigade would be fighting throughout a major section of the city, not just around a major intersection with makeshift barricades, which the silly animated sprites tend to make one forget.

Paradox games are primarily single player games. They should not be designed with multiplayer concerns in the forefront.

Ah I see, so Paradox made everything wrong all the years always adding multiplayer and also the players play it wrong when they have fun in multiplayerbattles. Also the multiplayerevents Paradox streams must be a big mistake and all the views and likes they get are also a big mistake.

Dude, u should tell them that!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Paradox games are indeed PRIMARILY single player games, but there's enough of a multiplayer community that MP considerations have been included from the start in the newer titles. MP concerns shouldn't override the SP design, but it's still a significant share of their market, and they know it.

Paradox games are indeed PRIMARILY single player games, but there's enough of a multiplayer community that MP considerations have been included from the start in the newer titles. MP concerns shouldn't override the SP design, but it's still a significant share of their market, and they know it.
It seems like you're trying to disagree with me, but you're actually restating my point. Am I misinterpreting your post, or are you misinterpreting mine, or what?

HoI I don't know, but for sure the combat system of V2 is too simple. Also remember the popular "barricades" in the city streets, this should be rapresented in some way
Reduced combat width modifier for city type terrain?

Reactions:
yes but also things that can be build up ticking with time, when a city is occupied for long by revolts, but I imagine there could be also units and buildings to limit this bonus.

yes but also things that can be build up ticking with time, when a city is occupied for long by revolts, but I imagine there could be also units and buildings to limit this bonus.
Dig in modifier?

Reactions:
Yeah could be a possibility, and saying so, this is a mechanic that HoI have with the support engineer company.
But Victoria 2 already has a dig in modifier. I think it would be nice that engineers could speed it up or improve it in some other way, but it is already in there.
It does require technology and rebels never tech up. They fight using stone age tactics and weapons vs death squad space marines armed with tanks, airplanes, gas and more.

Reactions:
But Victoria 2 already has a dig in modifier. I think it would be nice that engineers could speed it up or improve it in some other way, but it is already in there.
It does require technology and rebels never tech up. They fight using stone age tactics and weapons vs death squad space marines armed with tanks, airplanes, gas and more.

Yeah, it's more about ajusting and improve some basic feature and maybe add things unique to rebels, like easy to build defences in the cities.

Reactions:
It seems like you're trying to disagree with me, but you're actually restating my point. Am I misinterpreting your post, or are you misinterpreting mine, or what?
I agreed with your first point, that they are primarily SP games. I disagreed with your second point, because multiplayer concerns really need to be figured in from the start, rather than tacked on afterwards. They shouldn't force significant compromises on SP, but SP may need to be tweaked slightly to allow for better MP operation.

Reactions:
And with imperator pop system. Especially with update for troops to be tied to military so losing troops, kills pops.

ofc vicky 3 can look to vrrp to see how to economy

Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
One of the combat aspects I hope the most for to be innovated are combat width and reinforcement. While it's nice to have the battle of Verdun simulated in vic2 it doesn't really reflect reality. Having a battle ingame go on for weeks or months in just a single province is nonsensical. An innovation could be that battles escalate, so it starts with 5 combat width and recon troops like planes and cav, and then increases combat width over time to allow more and more troops to join in, further expanded if troops from adjecent provinces support. You could end up with combat widths of 30 or 50 to allow massive battles like the one Leipzig against nopoleon with hundreds of thousands of troops to be resolved within days instead of weeks terrain should only limit the speed at which a battle escalates and forts should be the factor that ultimately limits maximum combat width.

My experiences with The Great War mod tell the exact opposite of your statement.

If your experiences with a total overhaul mod of base HOI4 tell you that HOI4's combat system can be made to fit somewhat reasonably within the parameters of WW1 combat then you're just proving my point. There's a reason the team behind The Great War is making their own game.

Reactions:
If your experiences with a total overhaul mod of base HOI4 tell you that HOI4's combat system can be made to fit somewhat reasonably within the parameters of WW1 combat then you're just proving my point. There's a reason the team behind The Great War is making their own game.
I didn't say "somewhat reasonably" but "exact opposite of your statement".

• 1Like
Reactions: