• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
anonymous4401 said:
Tsk tsk. 'MEINE AUGE!' would be far more fitting.
nods.gif

Obviously, the shock of seeing such an act burned perfect English into the poor Aide's mind.

:p

That some wild ride you took with France that turn. And Germany sure didn't say thanks, or anything - taking the one province you wanted. But I suppose they helped you out of the war so that's good. And probably wise to cosy up to Russia for the meantime.

Looks like you did well to come out of that war with France relatively unscathed. Good going, all the same.

Plan? You don't need to plan! Just declare war on Germany and take what is rightfully yours!

Of course if you declare war on Germany, a solid thrashing will be what is rightfully yours ;) , but still...

If only there were some sweet, crunchy little states you could snack on! I suppose Switzerland is too tough. Perhaps another war with Austria, just for fun? :D

Director said:
Plan? You don't need to plan! Just declare war on Germany and take what is rightfully yours!

Of course if you declare war on Germany, a solid thrashing will be what is rightfully yours ;) , but still...

If only there were some sweet, crunchy little states you could snack on! I suppose Switzerland is too tough. Perhaps another war with Austria, just for fun? :D

Germany is #1 in everything, so...

I would go for Switzerland, but it has Swiss culture, not South German. It also would give me a longer border with France, and a border with Italy (which hates my guts).

As for Austria... well, you'll just have to wait and see. ;)

This is fun stuff... subscribed. Now, what on earth did you purchase Trieste for?

Mmm, this brings back some memories. I had such fun playing as Bavaria, looks like you are at least having a lively game. :p Congrats on getting WoW!

This is good. :)

the_shy_kid said:
Now, what on earth did you purchase Trieste for?

dem-insanity.jpg

:p

1876 - 1886

Or,

Look At Me Now

Mar 18
- We guarantee Ethiopia's independence to spite Italy.

May 5 - We finally get enough Machine parts to build a MP factory! HUZZAH!

Jun 20 - Realizing that having no allies leaves us surrounded by enemies, we sign a Military Alliance with Austria.

Aug 19 - Scientific Management

Boss: From now on, all wages will be calculated based on your atomic mass.

Sept 14
- We built a steel factory. They build steel seals. We hope no-one steals the seals on the steel seals. And- *gets shot*

Oct 16 - Raider Group Doctrine.

Aide: This'll be useful when we get some ships...

Dec 5 - A Social Critique Novel demands we become vegetarians. We laugh heartily.

King: Oooh, we're halfway there, living on a prayer!

Jul 17 - We catch some smugglers bringing French wine into our country! OH. MY. GAWD. They're hung. We kill them, too.

Aug 11 - Our railroad project's first phase is complete. About 1/3 of the SGF now has lvl 2 rail.

Sept 10 - Our peace treaty with France expires. Yipes.

Oct 11 - Six new infantry divisions are shipped to the border. There's now six divisions in both of the provinces bordering France. We'd normally make some sort of taunt here, but considering last time they nearly took Munich, we'll stay quiet for now.

Dec 13 - Steamers discovered. ... nah, I got nothin'...

Jan 9
- Our VIP-imposed colonial bans are lifted. This would be great, but despite owning Trieste and having enough raw materials, we can't build any colonial outposts. Dang.

Feb 1 - The Railroad project, second phase, is completed. 2/3 of the SGF is railroaded.

Apr 20 - Italy says we suck at Super Mario Bros.

King: National disgrace!

We tell them to bring it on in Command and Conquer: Napoleonic Wars.

Jul 23 - The railroad plans are complete. All of the SGF now has lvl 2 RR.

Workers: Huzzah!

Worker 1: Wait... aren't there three more levels of RR?

*silence*

He was never found.

Feb 27
- Some peaceniks dance around in the section of Bohemia we own.

Mar 28 - Cheap iron discovered.

KLSP: So, why did we get the bargain-bin iron?

Scientist: That's not what it means. It means we can make iron for less.

KLSP: Oh, yeah? I'll iron you for less!

Scientist: That doesn't even make sense, sir.

KLSP: ... shut up.

Aug 1 - Advanced Ore Smelting

KLSP: Yes, it smelt terrible.

Aide: That's a truly awful pun, sir.

KLSP: ... shut up.

Sep 11 - The alliance with Russia expires. We immediately begin working to sign a new alliance.

Jan 2
- A French traitor is caught and killed.

May 15 - We sign a full alliance with Russia, excepting the UK. The sighs of relief blew over two barns and a herd of cows. In America.

May 20 - Our alliance with Austria expires. We begin preparing for a second invasion of Austria.

Jul 7 - Military Logistics discovered. "Guns and schnitzel" for our troops.

Jul 8
- We mobilize our 25 divisions.

Jul 18 - Austria offers a new alliance. We decline.

KLSP: Wait... what are we doing?! Austria's always been our closest friend, and we're going to senselessly attack them?!

Aug 12 - We demobilize and sign a new full alliance treaty with Austria.

Aug 24 - We send a polite letter to Austria, asking them to join our Federation.

Aug 26 - Austria accepts, and is merged with the SGF. The large chunk of Austria east of Hungary is ceded to the Russians. Venice, Bosnia, and a little two-province Poland are granted independence. Badboy is at 8.

ScreenSave42534636436.jpg

Grosssueddeutchland!

Jan 12
- We renew our guarantee of Ethiopia's independence.

Feb 9 - We have a navy! A grand total of four ships left over from Austria, three clipper transports, one Man-o-War. We send the Man-o-War on a trip around the world.

As it goes past Gibraltar, however...
djfhsdhfslf.jpg

F'ing showoffs...

Apr 7 - The Officer Corps is corrupt again. We send in a samurai-for-hire to take care of it.

Apr 8 - We pay for acceptable Minimum Wages and Safety Regulations.

Workers: Yay!

May 2 - We start expanding our fort system through Bohemia.

Workers: Boo!

Jul 18 - France and Italy, threatened by the Big Gold Blob, sign an alliance treaty. We gripe about it, as we were planning to attack Italy soon.

Sept 12 - Army Risk Management discovered.

General: WE NEED BIGGER DICE!

Oct 19 - Our Man-o-War returns from its trip around the world.

Nov 28 - An Academic Circle founded.

Aide: So, when will you guys be starting classes?

Eggheads: Please, we don't know how to teach! We're professors!

Dec 1 - A new line of lvl1 forts stretches across Bohemia. (I'm really trying to avoid Queen references, but it's tough.)

May 4
- We import a few cowboys from the US to learn the concept of Saddle Orders.

Jun 26 - Wargames.

General: BIGGER DICE, DAMN YOU! *whips Hasbro employees*

Aug 28 - Alternative Plans.

disaster_recovery_dilbert_small.jpg

Oct 24 - A Steamer shipyard is built in Treiste, and Venice is guarenteed by us.

Dec 11 - Six new infantry divisions are ready.

Mar 2
- Lvl3 Forts now line the western and northern borders of the old SGF. Our plan is to have at least three divisions in each fort (six on the French border).

Jul 5 - Ethiopia is an ungrateful jerk, and becomes Italy's satellite.

Nixon: That's it! You just made my list...

Nov 29 - Rallies for tax reform. There were no good choices in this event.

Mar 9
- The Bohemian forts are now lvl2.

Mar 26 - The fort workers strike. We compromize for now - we need those lvl3s complete!

Apr 5 - Iron Breech-Loaded Artillery discovered.

King: The ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron.

Aide: Sir, no offense, but shouldn't you be dead by now?

KLSP: He is dead.

Aide: Then, how...

KLSP: INSOLENT ONE! *eats the aide*

Apr 27 - For the first time, the Konservative Partei loses the election and the Zentrumspartei comes to power. They're ok.

ScreenSave4754747744747475.jpg

The South German Federation at the dawn of 1886.

Dec 1 - A new line of lvl1 forts stretches across Bohemia. (I'm really trying to avoid Queen references, but it's tough.)

But this itself is a Queen reference! :p

Excellent and funny update as usual, but what exactly happened with Austria? :)

Annex Hungary for a stronger and better Germo-Hungarian Empire. I would be visually aesthetic, and therefore good in every sense of the word.
Was the annexation of Austria a VIP event? What exactly happened?
Excellent update.
Keep the AAR up.

rule_brittania said:
Annex Hungary for a stronger and better Germo-Hungarian Empire. I would be visually aesthetic, and therefore good in every sense of the word.
Was the annexation of Austria a VIP event? What exactly happened?

It was a custom event I adapted from the Popular Unification event for the AAR. It says if, after 1871, the SGF, Austria, Germany, and Hungary all exist, the SGF offers membership to Austria. (Union of the South Germans against Prussian domination) I'll post the custom events I've made for this AAR after it's over.

And I might have to go after Hungary. North Germany and France are too powerful for an offensive war, and they just sit there in a defensive war.