I'm a regent of an empire but I m not its vassal. Is it intended?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HelloFolks

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Oct 16, 2022
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I was playing as a vassal of roman empire. Suddenly the emperor died and the empire was divided in italy e HRE. Now I m regent of HRE but vassal of Italy.

Edit. Now Im regent of 2 empires at the same time. I dont think it's intended but It's interesting for sure

• 8Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
That's... almost certainly a bug. Report it in the Bug Report forum.

I could actually see a way for it to happen - you were an influential vassal in the united realm, and all of the other candidates for regent had too many enemies - but the chances of that happening are miniscule.

Reactions:
I found the same bug also for accolades. Devs forgot to add in if cycle for characters that become rulers out of the country
Be sure to make bug reports (best with a save game right before becoming ruler elsewhere) for both items then - it would be unfortunate if that oversight persists unnecessarily longer, as I think it both has quite an impact on gameplay and is prone to leading to follow-up issues especially with the regency mechanic.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oof, yeah, definitely a bug. A report in the forum with any steps/a save would be highly appreciated if ye've a mo & haven't done it already.

Reactions:
Oof, yeah, definitely a bug. A report in the forum with any steps/a save would be highly appreciated if ye've a mo & haven't done it already.
@HelloFolks has posted a report with a savegame here:

Reactions: