• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice update. Hoping you will be able to show that the Hungarian army (and economy) was actually quite useful. Too bad for them the Russians smashed through their lines during Operation Saturn end 1942, that has somehow been a stain on their reputation. But for the rest they did quite a job for the Germans on the Eastern Front.

Nice update. Hoping you will be able to show that the Hungarian army (and economy) was actually quite useful. Too bad for them the Russians smashed through their lines during Operation Saturn end 1942, that has somehow been a stain on their reputation. But for the rest they did quite a job for the Germans on the Eastern Front.
it was in the beginning of 1943 when the soviets basically destroyed the Hungarian 2nd army. The ones to blame for the encirclements in 1942 around Stalingrad is the Romanian forces which collapsed causing the German 6th army to be encircled.

it was in the beginning of 1943 when the soviets basically destroyed the Hungarian 2nd army. The ones to blame for the encirclements in 1942 around Stalingrad is the Romanian forces which collapsed causing the German 6th army to be encircled.
Also blame the Italians, always blame the Italians...

I think you will start with Yugoslavia. Please do a world conquest with Hungary. :)

I don't think that is possible, but he can do quite well helping Adolf. Nice update.

Right, it's not possible in the HPP, because of the restrictions the mod places on the use of the Conquer and Puppet wargoals.

However, I've seen someone do a WC with Hungary using vanilla. I think he was using the SF expansion, but not too much has changed since then to make such a feat be impossible in an un-modded vanilla game. A quick search in this forum could probably lead you to that old AAR.

Right, it's not possible in the HPP, because of the restrictions the mod places on the use of the Conquer and Puppet wargoals.

However, I've seen someone do a WC with Hungary using vanilla. I think he was using the SF expansion, but not too much has changed since then to make such a feat be impossible in an un-modded vanilla game. A quick search in this forum could probably lead you to that old AAR.
I know about that AAR, unfortunately it was not finished and died.

Ikarases did a pretty good job in a previous AAR using the "Reduce size" -or something like that- wargoal. If this wargoal applies to one of his neighbours he could be starting world domination. Also in his Greece (FTM-HPP) AAR he was able to occupy half Europe.

Ikarases did a pretty good job in a previous AAR using the "Reduce size" -or something like that- wargoal. If this wargoal applies to one of his neighbours he could be starting world domination. Also in his Greece (FTM-HPP) AAR he was able to occupy half Europe.

I think it might've been the "cut down to size" wargoal. I remember that in one of my previous games as Hungary, I surrounded Bucurest and thanks to this wargoal I was effectively able to conquer Romanians (I occupied all of their territory, so I kept what I conquered). Greece is another prime example that sometimes default "conquer" wargoal is sometimes the best way to go, though you'll make the targeted country GiE. In case of Czechoslovakia, I had already "concede defeat" on Germany right after Germans declared war on me, so I had no other choice than to spam all the wargoals I could if I wanted to maximize the impact of my victory :)

Be hardcore Ikar, declare war on all of your neighbors, and show them the power of Magyars haha

Be hardcore Ikar, declare war on all of your neighbors, and show them the power of Magyars haha

And what for, besides for getting my Hungary destroyed? :D

And what for, besides for getting my Hungary destroyed? :D
How should he know? You play the gae, just do something with it...

Lurking. Wow cant believe your at 16 already.

Precisely 17; I forgot to count in my Finnish Winter War scenario AAR :)

But yeah, I write those "cheap" AARs, just to keep you guys entertained. I'll see whether I'm able to write some heavy duty narrative later ;)

Precisely 17; I forgot to count in my Finnish Winter War scenario AAR :)

But yeah, I write those "cheap" AARs, just to keep you guys entertained. I'll see whether I'm able to write some heavy duty narrative later ;)

Request, what about a Irish AAr, haven't seen many of those.

With IRA taking over the Northern Ireland? :)

Well yes, but it would be the Irish Defence Forces as the IRA is a armed freedom fighter group. There was a split after the Irish war for independence causing the Irish civil war.

If you want put Eoin O duffy, leader of the blueshirts and fine geal at the time. He raised an Irish brigade to fight in SCW. And was basically a fascist and staunch anticommunist. Interestingly Fine Geal is in power here (im irish) at the moment and we just got free GP health care for under fives, so Fine Geal is now centre of left. Yeaaaa!!!

Well yes, but it would be the Irish Defence Forces as the IRA is a armed freedom fighter group. There was a split after the Irish war for independence causing the Irish civil war.

If you want put Eoin O duffy, leader of the blueshirts and fine geal at the time. He raised an Irish brigade to fight in SCW. And was basically a fascist and staunch anticommunist. Interestingly Fine Geal is in power here (im irish) at the moment and we just got free GP health care for under fives, so Fine Geal is now centre of left. Yeaaaa!!!

I might make an Irish AAR in the future, but I need time and dedication. I only dream Czechoslovakian OOB was as simple as yours ^^

I might make an Irish AAR in the future, but I need time and dedication. I only dream Czechoslovakian OOB was as simple as yours ^^

Glad to here it. Ah yes I saw that discussion over in the HPP forum. Are you joining the team? Doing OOBs and stuff?

Glad to here it. Ah yes I saw that discussion over in the HPP forum. Are you joining the team? Doing OOBs and stuff?

I'm mostly only giving suggestions on how to improve the mod, the first bigger thing I do is the Czechoslovakian immersion pack, which will be posted there (and hopefully implemented). I think the starting Czechoslovakian OOB will be twice as big as the current one (the paradox is that both TZoli's and my OOBs are from Czechoslovakian '38 mobilization time, due to lack of info from the previous years), but that will be outweighted by removing all the forts (there were almost none at the beginning of '36). But given that the current OOB allows me to mobilize about 250 thousand soldiers, compared to historical 1-1,5 million, it's obvious that the figures aren't right here. So despite TZoli's best efforts, sources for native speaker will be always bigger. Hell, look at Hungarian leaders list!

Even if I had exact '36 Czechoslovakia in place, there is no way to simulate the sudden build-up for war, so needed IC would skyrocket at least to the value of 80 IC to be able to build (just!) forts where they historically were. But to history is closer to have '36 forts and '38 army than '38 forts and '38 army ;)

Of course my pack won't be all about OOB, though it's surely the most important part of it. As for joining the HPP team; I don't think I could muster up so much determination and put up so much effort for any other country than Czechoslovakia. HPP team can count on me to spot some of the small things though.