• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
General Winter! :p What VPs do you need to capture?

I checked the save and Soviets (after the next chapter) are at 85% NU and they are losing 0.02 NU each day due to "Losing Morale" and "War Exhaustion" modifiers. The thing is that their capital/supply depot (Stalingrad) is deeply encircled and all their troops are supplies from Kyzyl. But if I move their capital somewhere else, like Novosibirsk, they insta-surrender as soon as Germans enter Stalingrad...

EDIT: Note that I'm unable to capture Stalingrad myself, due to severe supply issues. Soviets happily put all their new divisions there, so it's impossible to get them out of there.

Last edited:
Well, as you're playing HPP you don't need to reach 100% surrender score as Soviets can fire bitter peace when you've taken Moscow and captured more than 25% of their cores.

Well, as you're playing HPP you don't need to reach 100% surrender score as Soviets can fire bitter peace when you've taken Moscow and captured more than 25% of their cores.

They passed up on that already, since there's no decision for that anymore. Germans already own almost all of European Russia, so it wouldn't make too much sense for them to sign any kind of armistice ;)

Chapter IX: Adventures of the Hungarian Panzerkorps

How mean of you, Italy. They don’t even have to share the spoils, because Yugoslavia is “annexed”. Damn it, I should've declared war on Yugoslavia myself...

kbk9tHy.gif

I decide to pull off all my remaining infantry from Russia to ease the supply strain and to avoid terribly high attrition. Soviet forces barely manage to hold the line by their numbers, let alone most of them are clustered together. Hungarian tank divisions are staying to ensure the Soviet Union falls quickly after taking some important cities.

hZoZdCr.gif

As you can see, tanks have spread out far and wide just in six days and one armored unit has reached Gorkiy.

LFArTed.gif

A sizeable Soviet force is trapped in Sudogda thanks to great mobility of smaller Axis contingent.

eVXxY8d.gif

Just three days later, a similar number of Soviet divisions walk right into the hands of Axis troops even before the fight in Sudogda is over.

0QjLWoH.gif

The center of the front is almost completely wiped out of any Soviet presence.

09rTwCk.gif

Two weeks later, decision to take Archangelsk was made; therefore armored divisions have stuck together once more. Two of them are actively participating in encircling more Soviet forces.

P5AzXz1.gif

Though daring, the order was to capture Archangelsk as soon as possible in order to cut off Soviets from supply in Karelia, Kola and surrounding areas.

Cp5Zshq.gif

One armored division of mine gets into trouble as it got cut off of supplies but so far the plan is progressing well.

54zQXWS.gif

A few days later, two of my armored divisions have already engaged the enemy in Severodvinsk (Molotovsk) and Archangelsk. They shouldn’t hold out for too long.

tMhPh4f.gif

After the capture of Archangelsk, my units are suffering from the lack of supplies, while Soviets are about to severe the supply chain in two points. That’s not good...

D7f5txF.gif

Luckily, some of my units happen to get supplies, while Germans are roaming around.

qE38lEK.gif

The great Chuikov himself is in the charge of... a militia division!?

upD6rJt.gif

After clearing out the area near Archangelsk, tanks are to redeploy to Moscow to give them some rest. Then they are to capture Stalingrad!

V5tmQWa.gif

IOUebiL.gif

Meanwhile, Japanese are doing well, though they’ll have to be dealt with later on as well.

FV0FygQ.gif

Well, that’s what you call a defensive perimeter, Iran :D

9lIcy2A.gif

Yet as soon as my divisions reach Stalingrad, they start to suffer complete out of supply penalty. How to capture the last Soviet strongpoint?

5N5wTau.gif

That’s it for this one. Comments on!

Poor Chuikov...he always was my favorite Soviet-era general...:(
Your Hungary looks suspiciously like EU4 Hungary. :p

those pesky Italians... they deny your cores, what a shame

those pesky Italians... they deny your cores, what a shame

Why not do a bit of modding and remove yourself and italy from the Axis faction after the USSR is beat and go to war over your cores? ;)

That would be indeed interesting but I'm afraid politicians have chosen the peaceful way already :blush:

Chapter X: The End...?

For the past half-year, the game was pretty uneventful. I’ve only advised Romania and Germany that it would be a good idea to capture Soviet VPs in Caucasus, instead of following my earlier vision of capturing Stalingrad (and getting out of supply on the way). As you can see, Iranians have failed to hold onto Tehran and got puppeted by the UK on the beginning of April.

JiiZ7Cv.gif

Soviets are at 99.8% surrender progress now after the capture of Batumi. At least Germans won’t lose too many divisions near Stalingrad :happy:

7jFxIlG.gif

TPgFXFn.gif

It doesn’t take long and... Soviet Union is annexed into the Reich. Glorious! Yet now, a new threat has emerged in Siberia...

PymxfSS.gif

After defeating the Soviet Union, Mussolini could no longer hide behind talks that he has no time to divide captured territory. After sending most of his army to fight in Siberia to help Germans, while RHA was ready to invade “Italian” Yugoslavia, he agreed he’ll cede some territory under Hungarian and Bulgarian control, mostly copying the rivers. It was a worthy trade-off for him, as Hungarians promised to send their battle-grizzled tank corps to help him out in Athens. Hitler kept his promise without any ado; when Romania was awarded by “Ochakiv” region, it was only reasonable that Hungarians would acquire even bigger swaths of land. Therefore, cities like Lwów or Tarnopol were now under direct Hungarian control. It was predicted that this would be the last Hungarian expansion but who knows...?

GwY3WPY.gif

Hungary was to enter the war again but this time against Allies, to be able to help Italians in Greece.

ZmfWXzv.gif

The situation was worse than expected, as it seemed the only Italian fighting power in the area was a couple of HQs, which were running around like headless chickens. But, Hungarian tanks (now with mechanized infantry!) forced the spearhead, cutting off two Allied divisions in the progress.

oMcPMy0.gif

After a few months of fighting around Athens, it was decided it would be better to lure Allied forces into a trap. In the meantime, more Axis troops arrived to area which helped with the encirclement immensely.

2vuRZLw.gif

As you can see, Allies have failed to cover their only escape route and six divisions were about to surrender.

2NfMKGM.gif

Still, the Allied presence in Athens was strong enough to hold off our tank corps. Therefore, two well-rested infantry corps were rushed into the place, to win the battle of attrition.

uOFr4oL.gif

And finally, on 4th December, the battle was won and Allied troops retreated.

mXSgbVa.gif

After almost a half-year of bloody battles in Greece, it seemed that Greeks had lost all their will to continue the fight and surrendered shortly thereafter.

hft01US.gif

With no real threat remaining in Europe, Hungarians sought any opportunity to get some action again. They found it on Danish island named Bornholm. Not only had they destroyed the fleet with (now) vastly outdated Stukas but also the garrison defending the island.

j7uE0A5.gif

In early January 1944, strange news came from the People’s Republic of China.

q4MJ9w1.gif

There was no doubt about who caused them though...

CCsYevK.gif

Okay guys, unless you have some crazy idea on how to go on from this point with some different country, I consider this AAR to be hereby finished. Comments on!

I really admire your ability to put all those useless minors to good use ;)
How about putting nationalist china into the axis now that japan is with the allies and conquer all of china with it and expell the japanese from the asian mainland!

continue with Denmark!

They're beyond the point of playability :p

I really admire your ability to put all those useless minors to good use ;)

Thanks, that's what I do the best :D

How about putting nationalist china into the axis now that japan is with the allies and conquer all of china with it and expell the japanese from the asian mainland!

I wonder why Chinese never joined the Axis or didn't unify China as a whole. Maybe SSmith might take a look at it? China as a whole got quite a few IC via those "2 generic IC" events that has been fixed for the newer versions. It's an interesting idea, let's see what others have to say as well!

I'm assuming Hitler turned down the Bitter Peace and went for a total victory? It it looks like everything worked out in the end - thanks to a lot of good work by the Hungarians! :)

Yup, thanks :)

Turkey! That way you get a port and then can execute Sealion!

Turkey! That way you get a port and then can execute Sealion!

Their neutrality is too low now, as Germany shares their ideology. They need 11% less neutrality in order to join the Axis, let alone the Middle East would be hostile anyway. But that navy wouldn't last long...