• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lochnivar

Recruit
3 Badges
Jan 9, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
This is my first post so I don't know if this has been solved. If so, please, please, please direct me to the solution.

I downloaded IGC and try to run the Patch. I get an error that flashes on my screen in it's DOS looking box that says "Unable to start the application. Microsoft Virtual Machine Not found. Class not registered." It also happens when I click IGCconfig. I downloaded the new Java Runtime Enviroment, even the new Microsoft/Java Virtual Machine, still the same error. I even downloaded Borland DE. Abosolutely nada.

Computer Stats.

Athlon 450 w. 378Mgs Ram
Microsoft WinXP
IGC 2.3b

If anybody has any clue on how to help, please holler. I am about to run out of hairs to pull

Michael J. Lockwood
Lochnivar@rocketmail.com

Microsoft Virtual Machine? Never heard of that problem... perhaps one of the older, wiser forumites shall have the answer you seek. :)

By the way, welcome to our fine forum! :D

Carolus Rex said:
But not this support since it is a user made mod.
Try this forum.
*Moved

Dude, the IGC is for EU not EU2, wrong forum :p
Luckily for all of you I own EU and used the IGC back in the day. You need to download the Microsoft Virtual Machine before you can use the IGC config thing. Do a search on google for it.

Hi all I had already post it in different sub-forum

When I try to run IGC.exe or patch.ee it tells me something about wrong parameter. I tried eucheck.exe or something but it is still the same and yes I did followed instructions and have latest Java and patched EU to 1.10 version.

Nice to see that I'm not the only one with this problem :)

I've done the same things. JVM is downloaded, and Patch is installed.

It's not such the big thing anymore, I bought EU2 and am trying to play that.

Thanks...

I don't know if this is the problem but can it be that I patched it so something later than it was designed for? Could someone point me somewhere where I could get patch 1.09?

Green_alien said:
Hi all I had already post it in different sub-forum

When I try to run IGC.exe or patch.ee it tells me something about wrong parameter. I tried eucheck.exe or something but it is still the same and yes I did followed instructions and have latest Java and patched EU to 1.10 version.

Just in case you haven't found any solution and still would like one I added some instructions to the new download post - here.
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150071
(The gist of it is that you can't use the latest version, you must use an old one.. :wacko: