• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
I am sorry to say this, but the original IFU events are a good example how not to write programs (or scripts). No comments whatsoever, province IDs hardcoded without any explanation, countries named by their (not very telling) tags only... It is close to impossible to gather what is going on. It is close to impossible to develop this old work. As I am working on the christianisation events, I noticed there are some (notably for Saxony and parts of the Francon Emp.) but I don't understand what they are doing and when they are triggered.

Does someone volunteer to add comments to these events? A member of the original IFU team preferably?

Otherwise, I suggest we just dump those old events as we are writing ours. It is cheaper to develop sth from scratch than to improve someone else's work without understanding it.

Yup, lets just delete them alltogether. That makes it easier to implement new events and ideas.

hehe tell me about it. I know that my intention was to 'weed' out the IFU events (not because they were bad mind, just because they are hard to interpret as there is no explaination as to what they are about).

However, I have noted that there are several events that repeat themselves (so as to cover several countries), these seem to be the most numerous of the events. From what I gather these are:

Formation of Francia Orientalis, Francia Occidentalis and Francia Media, all from Francia.
Formation of Russia (I should change that to 'The Rus' or somesuch) for nations that own a particular province (novgorod I think)
Formation of either Franconia or Regnum Teutonicorum and the 'power struggle' with the Stem Dukes (lorraine, Freisland and er somewhere else -this is just from memory you understand :eek:o )
Spread of Russian culture
Formation of England for 'english' nations
Formation of Celtic Kingdom for Celtic nations

There are also events for Bulgaria to either adopt follow western christianity (papacy) or eastern (constantinople)

just a heads up. But yes, it is excruciatingly difficult to follow. I was going to renumber the original IFU events, but gave up (hence they are just designated as <94000 -which they are)

yours
Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni,
I suggest that you (and anybody who succeeds in reading an 'old' event) adds his/her commentary (and possibly translation) to the event file. In this way, we will know what we have at the next release of AJFIFU, and events that will not be described can be deleted - after a month or so.