If your posts end up in the moderation queue ("awaiting moderator approval")

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can`t post in EU III threads. I have EU III with all addons registered, I tried changing e-mail adress and confirm it, but I didn`t get any message (I checked spam). So I ask here, because "Contact Us" on the bottom of this forum doesn`t work either. Is there any chance You could fix this? :)

Edit: nevermind

Last edited:
I had no idea about these rules (External links). They never bothered me I guess but in retrospect I think that it is horrible. In general the fansite community of all games today is suffering. Everything is being concentrated on a few major corporate review site forums and the publishers official forums and the always omnipresent wikis. The charm and diversity that once flourished is gone. And rules like this enforce such a horrible trend.

The internet...your glorious days of exploration and small-town charm seem to be fading away fast.

I had no idea about these rules (External links). They never bothered me I guess but in retrospect I think that it is horrible. In general the fansite community of all games today is suffering. Everything is being concentrated on a few major corporate review site forums and the publishers official forums and the always omnipresent wikis. The charm and diversity that once flourished is gone. And rules like this enforce such a horrible trend.

The internet...your glorious days of exploration and small-town charm seem to be fading away fast.

There are several reasons for not allowing external links. And the reason for it just saying all external links is because that way it's easier to uphold. If you contact a moderator and ask for permission, it can be approved.

Well it's not just that. For example your main game website for HoI3 includes no listing of fansites and it's the same almost all across the board (so to speak).

There are only a few who have managed to nurture this and one of those groups is Blizzard but I feel even they don't have it as a priority anymore. I remember in the past every company all across the world would themselves encourage fansites and link to them when ever possible...Then again we have changed too, the gamers that is. Wikis are so easy to maintain nowdays that partly it becomes redundant to create unique communities. Modb and Sourceforge together with skype,dropbox and the official forum facilitate modding. IMO it's sad :/

Last edited:
Hi, just wanted to raise the issue that my few posts that contained internal links to threads within forum.paradoxplaza systematically went in the moderation queue, for instance: this one
Apparently I'm not the only one, as I see very few inter-threads links on CKII forum, and people seem to avoid it, prefering to say "Do a search with ..., Look for ..."

Edit: domain relative urls like this one don't help either, it goes to forum.com with Firefox....

Companies used to encourage fansites, because bandwidth was so expensive, now that it is relatively cheap there is no "upside" to encouraging fan run sites.
Having one central forum, encourages inclusiveness, and makes it easier to get our message out and keep everyone informed and allow everyone to have the same information.

Companies used to encourage fansites, because bandwidth was so expensive, now that it is relatively cheap there is no "upside" to encouraging fan run sites.
Having one central forum, encourages inclusiveness, and makes it easier to get our message out and keep everyone informed and allow everyone to have the same information.

...not to mention that you as a company can be held responsible for content on a site you only link to :/

Well I don't like everyone getting the same information, everything having the same rules and no independent communities developing in their own pace.
While it is not so disastrous for strategic communities it is much worse for competitive games and role playing games. In those instances where the company has nurtured the expanse of a fan community it has always benefited from a prolonged and well entrenched fandom and an active scene. As I said, despite their current shortcomings, Blizzard has done well in this department and their success with WC3, DoTA (the mod made possible by this and thus promoting WC3), World of Warcraft and Starcraft 1/2 shows. The different flavors blend and produce incredible results and unique experiences for their customers.

One way we see this is through the advertisement of fansites through custom map projects in SC2 which automatically thus link the community together and let it grow.

And responsible...bleh! I doubt it. The lawagencies can barely take down illegal site-hubs of much worse types of things than even piracy (done some research on this subject). Being held responsible for fansites is basically unheard of and obviously by establishing a sense of trust between the community and you they will respect you and you will stay in touch with them communicating on how you can help and thus also moderate their content.

A prime example of this is CIP, a German company behind a once small but today quite large simple GMUD called Tibia.
By adding a disclaimer that you are not responsible for content of said sites you do disown yourselves of any legal issues until that point where you refuse to remove the link if ordered or asked to do so by a lawyer or judge. The few sites I've had anything to do with have had almost no such issues but of course it takes an active team to help manage it all and sometimes visit these various sites, organise a few contests and you know just promote the company and be nice to peeps.

edit: That first paragraph my have come out sounding a bit weird. Of course everyone should and always have had access to all the official information they need. That's a bit beyond the point.

edit2: See Castello now you got a PM. Maybe you wouldn't have goten a PM if there was a big fan community :/ I try to be nice but maybe I'm just a bit different from some others/mods/rules here? It's just an example :) Good that it happened. Also do google for both on your forum ;)

Last edited:
Was directed to post in this forum by Veldmaarschalk. Could you (or someone at PDS) please remove my "moderator approval" restriction so I can participate in the forum discussions in real time? I joined in 2011 and have three games registered here and I'm not posting external links or anything suspicious. I'm not a spammer... really. Thanks.

It is an automated process, and most likely if you are not posting links yourself, you share a dynamic IP range with a Bot.
You may want to have a discussion with your ISP as we use a service, so chances are that you will have issues elsewhere as well in the future.
After a few more posts up to 20 more, and you will have much less problems as it will kick you to a new category.

Ok so a day or two ago i rediscovered my steam installation of HOI3 it has been a while since i played, since buying new DLC some of which doesn't work ;( I decided to try and look for mods, I found I have to register my games to get user modifications like BLack Ice. I entered in a old email address I had on the forums, and registered my games in the hopes I could find and download the fix for the mega sprite pack to fix the Hungarian models. And if I could find a download link for the newest Black Ice, Then I would buy the newest expansion and play. However the forums do not even allow me to view my own profile I am blocked from doing virtually everything...

NOTE after reading my post it says I Haven't confirmed my email address, It's been so long since I have used that email is there a way to transfer these games I bought to my new email?

Last edited:
Ok so a day or two ago i rediscovered my steam installation of HOI3 it has been a while since i played, since buying new DLC some of which doesn't work ;( I decided to try and look for mods, I found I have to register my games to get user modifications like BLack Ice. I entered in a old email address I had on the forums, and registered my games in the hopes I could find and download the fix for the mega sprite pack to fix the Hungarian models. And if I could find a download link for the newest Black Ice, Then I would buy the newest expansion and play. However the forums do not even allow me to view my own profile I am blocked from doing virtually everything...

NOTE after reading my post it says I Haven't confirmed my email address, It's been so long since I have used that email is there a way to transfer these games I bought to my new email?

Go to settings at the top and change your email there.

Just be sure and reply to the e-mail it will send you to confirm your account and get full access to the games forums you have registered.

I edited my post to include an image URL from Wikipedia, then edited 20-30 mins later to include a Wikipedia URL link (as a source for something), I refresh and my post disappeared, it will now say (after this post) that I have 5 posts, but only show 4 when I click on recent posts.
Has it been deleted? Sorry I'm new and sorry for bumping, only thread I found.

We never delete posts unless they are ads or offensive. You should have got a notice that the post was going into the mod queue, as per the OP of this thread, but perhaps that doesn't happen when that move is triggered by an edit of an existing post.

I get to the mod queue about once a day, so just hang in there.

Hi.

This was the first time I posted on the forum. I tried to add a model for the Cities Skylines Custom Model Competition but it ended up in the mod queue. I doubt I could get any prize, but anyway it is really dissapointing that I missed the chance to participate (deadline is already over) because of this.