If your characters live too long, it causes problems

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, do people actually want a game with no problems? That would be boring as hell to me. The more the AI messes up my situation, the better - in my mind.
I never minded my heirs doing retarded things. It is always good to have many children to disinherit the idiots/murderers/incestors, and unfaithfuls. Had one heir be all of the above. Disinherited that fool. Stop sleeping with your sisters. I even had one sleep with my wife, his 60 year old mother!!
What people want varies from person to person, obviously. :) Personally I'm ok with issues - I don't expect perfect characters as heirs - but it depends on what kinds of issue occurs. If I end up playing a character that has Great Pox because they married a useless lowborn woman who infected them it's just annoying. :(

Reactions:
Unlanded characters (unlanded heirs absolutely sure) do get lifestyle xp, just that is not shown.
The question is: do they only get the equivalent of the base 25 per month, or do they get bonuses as well, like for education traits, congenital intelligence traits, etc? Most people claim they only get the base, which is no good. :(

The question is: do they only get the equivalent of the base 25 per month, or do they get bonuses as well, like for education traits, congenital intelligence traits, etc? Most people claim they only get the base, which is no good. :(

My impression was all things were considered. Namely somebody in their 30s with a full tree for example. But I don't have data for all things on point, thought original statement meant "no xp at all". More often that not, I care mostly about my heir not going into stupid wars on wherever they have claims (all my stuff basically), with a good potential to ruin my whole de jure structure. So I'd rather have them in a corner of my castle counting beans, at the risk of getting loverspox, drunkard and whatever and from this perspective I couldn't care less about their xp. I only actively use a few perks anyway and genius singlehandledly, if I have the luck to secure it, is more than enough by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.