If you were hoping for EU V, you ll have to wait for at least two more years...

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Vohen

General
49 Badges
May 29, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II
why?

When I started making EU4, I took everything from EU3, and just removed some stuff that I did not like.
Well, EU3 didn't have 8+ years worth of content added after launch, did it.
Though, to be fair, EU5 could very well streamline a lot of the bloat added to EU4 during these years, and still overhaul core mechanics to be a new game of its own.

Reactions:

DragonTW

Private
Jun 7, 2016
Looking at today's DD for EU4, I want to believe that Johan is truly committed to fix the way-too-many bugs that the game currently has, and produce quality content for the apparently remaining 2 years in the game's life circle. I want to believe it, I mean, Johan was one of the heads behind the start of it all, 20 years ago.
I play Europa Universalis since then, been a user of this forum since 2001 (lost my old account when the forum was modified), and of course I have been greatly disappointed since Mandate of Heaven. When Johan returned to the helm, I thought that things would be again on track, as the downfall clearly started during DDRJake's tenure.
But no. And what makes me wonder and question the most is the fact that Johan was the head of Imperator:Rome and we all know how that game was received and how it was at start. The helm in Imperator was trusted to another pilot and Johan returned to EU4... and now Imperator seems to be on the right course (fingers crossed, I hope so!).
Has Johan lost his "spark"? I don't want to believe it. I've always respected that guy and really admire him for having created such a magnificent game, and a franchise that I still enjoy after all these years. I like many strategy games, but Europa Universalis always has "that" special place in my heart.
So Johan, if you happen to read this, I really hope you'll live up to the legend and deliver excellent fine-tuning, bug-fixing (above all else!), and a couple of years of renewed brilliance to the game.

As for the new game not being EU V, well, it surely looks like that the time so many Victoria fans have been expecting is upon us. (even if personally I'd simply adore a new Paradox historical GSG placed in the Early Middle Ages...)

Reactions: