If you could change one little thing about HOI4, what would it be?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AI should put all its armour in 1 army on 1 frontline and only attack with that. How hard could that be? That's O(1).
they don't have enough armor divisions to do that. Actually attack with everything at hand is what we should learn from AI! Individual battles may not end good in kill-loss ratio but the goal is break the line somewhere.

I did learn from AI spam attack and spread my tank into multiple tank divisions to attack multiple provinces on a front.

they don't have enough armor divisions to do that. Actually attack with everything at hand is what we should learn from AI! Individual battles may not end good in kill-loss ratio but the goal is break the line somewhere.

I did learn from AI spam attack and spread my tank into multiple tank divisions to attack multiple provinces on a front.
They do make lots of armour with Expert AI, but they're too diluted to overwhelm the player. Also AI Germany sends half their armour to Africa while fighting the Soviets.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I would also change so the airfield icons size on the map is determined by the level of the airfield, the same for ports. You should instantly on the map see what ports that's important, either by size, highlight color or whatever.
Forts should have different models depending on their level.
Maybe the same for resources.

I would add a whole bunch of obvious QoL an visual ques.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good day everyone,

in anticipation of NSB I am cleaning up my mod and also rewriting it from scratch (as it happens with every big update).
As I am looking for more ways to improve the gameplay experience I have ran out of ideas as of now.

So I am asking you:
If you could change one little thing (or several little things) about HOI4, doesn't matter if its a mechanic, a focus or a decision or anything else, what would it be and why?

The AI.

A few small-looking battle plan improvements, that would remove 90% of annoyance from using them, since all that micro can be automated for 90% of the cases:
Create a separation between frontlines and battle plan orders allowing only some of the units assigned to the frontline to participate in the order. Lets say I want 3 artillery divisions to break through a particular province on the front and then say 6 cav divisions to exploit that breakthrough. Let me just create one small offensive line and one spearhead and assign divisions to those orders.

Then maybe have a per frontline setting that's called "order support", which decides how much the parent frontline would support the orders executed by the parts of it. For example my 6 cav divisions are planning to go over say 7 provinces. I have say 4 extra infantry divisions that I want to start flowing in to support the spearhead order just as the breakthrough is accomplished. Also my 3 40 width arty divisions can attack from 2 provinces, but there's another province I can attack from, so I want one of the available parent frontline divisions to attack from there. Then if my breakthrough or spearhead is stalling I may want the support divisions to join in.

Also ideally I want to chain orders given to independent forces in advance, like don't start the spearhead when breakthrough is not accomplished, since you can already do that with orders assigned to the same frontline.

While this looks simple, this is probably not something you can implement in a mod and since this was not implemented in any DLC, I would assume that would require a complete redesign of the battle plan orders system.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Add white peace option in a war between Poland and USSR if Poland is not in Allies.
You shouldn't have to go all the way to Moscow just to prove a point if you already caused USSR to loose two million people without loosing a single province.