- May 13, 2013
- Equipment storage is removed. The only way to produce tanks or rifles or trucks is now to train a division, which automatically rolls all the required IC into one group under MICs assigned by the player to this particular division. Once 100% of the required IC is produced, the player may deploy a division, but can only do so by picking a city province tile.
- If a better tank model becomes available during division training, it gets totally ignored until the division is actually deployed and then called back for reforming. Old tanks the division has had are dumped into a swamp with no way to be re-utilized ever again.
- Divisions now have special missions to operate with. In particular, should the player want his divisions to fight enemy ones, he now specifically needs to set them to one of the ‘combat’ missions, as opposed to i.e. a trench digging one (no mission? No trenches, then).
- Division combat missions allow engaging enemy Armored divisions or Infantry ones, but never both.
- As one might have guessed, encircling an enemy city tile with your divisions packed in each neighboring tile doesn’t necessarily mean the enemy can’t sneak through – you simply might have had no divisions assigned to engage specifically that Cavalry.
- Supplies always get through via seemingly hostile territory unless the enemy has assigned a proper number of divisions to Caravan Robbing (another new type of mission, mostly meant to stretch one’s army thin and keep him busy switching orders back and forth).
- Armored Divisions assigned to Caravan Robbing are particularly prone to receiving critical hits rendering Tanks quite useless – something that simply never happens to Cavalry which overwhelms Caravans by sheer persuasion (which albeit takes time).
- Generals upon hiring may now get an extra trait, which does nothing. Or rather, this trait has semi-intelligent description and is probably even supported by code, but there’s no way the player should be able to use this trait ever.
- Divisions stationed far at the North receive attrition damage, which gradually wears them down. Being stationed at a seemingly city tile changes nothing, and attrition damage is still in place.
- Divisions can now be targeted by Air Strikes outside land combat. In that case, an instant battle occurs, and specifically the most expensive battalion with least AA is hit first. Also, if there’s a friendly Airwing attached to the Army this division belongs to, the Airwing does nothing.
- The player gets a nicely sounding notification each time, though.
- A whole bunch of new land technologies is introduced, and there’s a separate line meant to boost Army Morale via technologies like Underwear Washing, Regular Underwear Change and Automated Underwear Washing, with tech names completely ignoring that all of these were in fact known long before the game starting date.
- Colorized land combat counters are removed. Instead, there’s a generic notification LAND COMBAT IN PROGRESS, which is meant to be clicked and checked each 5 seconds tops lest something bad happens to your Maus-equipped elite SS division
- Should we say that notifications don’t distinguish between divisions engaged in actual Combat and mere Caravan Robbing?