• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chronos0305

Recruit
Jul 4, 2020
Hey there, I have been playing console edition and I am now a big fan of Stellaris. Anyway, I am the kind of person who is always generating ideas and I have two that might make things interesting. My first idea is what I like to call a primordial world. This is a world which is in its own cambrian or pre-cambrian stage. Where life is just starting to come out of the water but the majority of land is still uninhabited. This could possibly serve as a way to give out massive amounts of research and maybe serve as a unique terraforming candidate. My second idea is Rogue Planets. These are planets which don't orbit stars due to breaking off from their solar system or never being a part of one to begin with. Maybe when a ship enters a hyperlane they end up in a system with only rogue planets or crash into one mid jump. If it is possible for life to be on a rogue planet, they would probably have to be special Lithoids. These are my ideas, hope they are liked.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
The ideas are neat, though a pre-cambrian world doesn't fit in the current game. Or rather, as anything special, the planets in Stellaris are extremly generic, your pre-Cambrian world would be standard world, at best with a special feature.
The rogue planets would require a sort of special system, but it would make for an interesting special system.

Zagreb 887, those type of planets aren't precambrian worlds. The Precambrian and Cambrian era is the era where the majority of life still lived in the oceans. There wasn't much life living on land as it hadn't evolved to do so yet. The lands themselves where mostly barren and void of all life And Acheron that is what I was expecting would happen with it, serving as a special modifier. However, I imagine it would have to be exclusive to dessert worlds, considering that land is barren in the precambrian era.

Or an Ocean World then?

That said, I am not really happy with the current different planet types of Stellaris.

Or an Ocean World then?

That said, I am not really happy with the current different planet types of Stellaris.

as much as i wish there was more content in the game there's a major issue with that. the game is borked.

at the moment adding anything new is like adding new floors to skyscraper with a crumbling foundation. it doesn't work out well. as it stands mods are needed to make the game function correctly which says more than enough about the poor state of the game

i'd love to see your ideas implemented in some way as they sound interesting, but as it stands the devs need to fix the game first

I wonder, the current division of planets along habitability lines, are you all happy with it? To me, it just feels almost pointless. At best/worst you have to check for habitability when doing POP transfers. Yay.

I wonder, the current division of planets along habitability lines, are you all happy with it? To me, it just feels almost pointless. At best/worst you have to check for habitability when doing POP transfers. Yay.
you honestly shouldn't have to do resettlement except for in emergencies. there are a few mods that fix that.

you honestly shouldn't have to do resettlement except for in emergencies. there are a few mods that fix that.
That made me think of this image from a promotional video for Stellaris:
VK1TTESWVrd1d1snw_o7P_05kVfaLmFWLB0NsgXP8RM.png

I really like your idea. Shoveling around a couple of POPs for economic efficiency (don't forget to check for habitability) isn't very interesting. Having to settle (and feed and cloth) the (surviving) people of a whole planet, now THAT sounds like a challenge.

EDIT: Btw, here is the link to the site I found the pictuire on:
Good discussion there, as one guy put it "Stellaris is in my opinion the best Paradox game for roleplaying." That's what I really love about the game, too.